UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic 2018

Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am unbelievably lost in pages and pages of 2007 happenings trying to nail down what I'm gonna say happened to Vince and why. I don't think it's well remembered but in the week between the limo stunt and the calling-off of the angle, Stephanie came out on Raw pretending her daddy was dead without actually saying he was dead. The crowd were laughing at her but mainly didn't have a clue what was going on. It was terrible. This is making out for a completely different challenge to my previous two rounds of elevating one person in a standard Autumn-to-Mania schedule. I thought I had whodunnit. Right now I can't choose between four people. Looks like there will be some Eastenders-style alternate endings written!

• Paid Members

Yeah, this is by far the most challenging one yet.

My biggest takeaway from when they originally ran the angle in 2007 was how infuriatingly straight they played it. It was the daftest, silliest angle in the world, yet instead of having any type of fun with it, they presented it as if it was totally real. Serious tributes, with everyone acting all sombre. Get fucked. You're doing a hammy soap opera storyline. There's no enjoyment to be had for anyone if you just do the same stuff you do whenever any other wrestlers die for real.

My culprit has changed twice so far.

• Paid Members

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.3caea957e80db1239d2a59aa18539dcc.gif

Smackdown celebrates its 1000th episode by inviting all rosters to a huge celebration. Throughout the show, in between the matches and in-ring promos, we continuously cut to a backstage concert hosted by Elias. He’s going down a storm, taking requests, the drinks are flowing, it’s a huge party. Vince McMahon is shown dancing the night away.

NeUz.gif

mYtob.gif

tenor.gif

However, as the night goes on, Vince can clearly be seen getting annoyed with certain people. Chad Gable spills a drink on him. Zack Ryder keeps trying to take selfies of him and Vince together. Vince is not even convinced Mike Kanellis works here, the bloody freeloader. Eventually, by the end of the night, just as the show is wrapping up and they’re transitioning to a special episode of Talking Smack, Vince gets Elias to join him in his limo for his own personal concert.

tumblr_p42v5kxVZY1snmvb8o2_400.gif

As Talking Smack finishes, the final segment sees Vince thanking Elias, saying he sees big things in his future. As Elias gets out the limo to leave, he pops his head back in, “Hey boss, make sure this limo doesn’t explode like last time, huh?” Vince does a big hearty laugh as Elias walks away. “That’s a good one, Pal!”

Just before he re-enters the arena, Elias turns back to wave Vince off….

fBlp9nc.gif

Elias.png.c7bc82e560ae5482e6626f9031ea04ef.png

Inmemory.png.72ce5d0ffd65f2b303f20a36296c6971.png

The following week starts with the announcement that Vince is dead. However, even as the graphic is being shown, you can hear that it’s far from a somber atmosphere on Raw. The camera cuts to the roster all dancing and singing, celebrating Vince’s demise. People are dancing on the table, hollering, and then suddenly the music cuts and everyone goes quiet as a door is slammed shut.

DJFJBY4UwAAQcvu.jpg

“Get down off that table at once you bloody pillock! Every last one of you, get your act together, sober up and form an orderly queue outside of my office. The investigation into Vince’s death starts now!”

Throughout the next few weeks we see Regal interviewing everyone on the roster, looking at clues, corroborating alibis, he even starts a social media campaign for anyone with any information to get in touch and help find Vince’s killer.

Tweet.PNG.7f6b7050b20c222998f49347889ab490.PNG

After a few weeks of investigating, Regal delivers his PRIME SUSPECTS in vignette form.

The announcement sends shock-waves throughout the company. WWE.com tries to get interviews with all the suspects. TMZ chases them down the streets. It’s complete bedlam.

lineup.thumb.png.f05e018990c0eb4d845440beaa7c00b2.png

The following week’s Raw, Triple H opens the show banging on Regal’s door. He wasn’t even in the country on the night Vince was killed, he was in Saudi Arabia trying to explain to them idiots why they can’t have Hulk Hogan on one of their shows. He had nothing to do with this!

Regal shows a clip of cell phone footage sent in by a fan of Triple H joking with HBK about how when Vince eventually dies, which will probably be sooner rather than later, the Kliq will finally rule this business for real.

Capture.PNG.63b49ddbcebbfc10118de01b5154e501.PNG

Regal shrugs. “I’m not saying you did it, I’m just saying there’s strong evidence you had a lot to gain.” Hunter storms off.

Elias stops Regal in the hallway, explaining that yes, he was the last to see Vince alive, and yes, he made that badly-timed joke, but he’s got documentary footage shot from the moment he woke up that day until the moment that limo exploded, proving he was focused on NOTHING but the music.”

maxresdefault.jpg

He starts playing his guitar, singing about his innocence. Regal walks away.

“I’m not listening to this racket, get your team to send me the footage. And cut that hair, you bloody scruff!”

Reports are that it might take a few weeks for Elias’ lawyers to deliver the footage.

skysports-paige-wwe-smackdown_4441384.jp

On Smackdown, Paige comes out to defend herself. Of course she was still there at the end of the night. She’s the Smackdown GM. She has to stay until the end! And as far as hiring the limo goes, she has text messages to prove that her correspondence with the limo company was as straight forward as possible. She’s got nothing to hide and the limo company can back up her story.

texts.PNG.9e7d94126dbec5eff01eb6b2635352d1.PNG

As for the rest of Smackdown 1000, there’s plenty of footage to show she was busy all night long. Regal is shown on the big screen saying he’ll take it into consideration. Paige also adds that she saw Seth around the time that the limo exploded and she knows he’s innocent, too. Regal goes, “hmmm.”

On Raw, Seth Rollins marches to the ring to defend himself. He has no ill will against the McMahon family after beating Triple H at Wrestlemania. “Burn it down,” is nothing more than a catchphrase to sell some T-shirts and he’s appalled to be named in the list of suspects. He lost his driver’s licence three weeks ago and anyone could’ve planted it.

Regal, on the big screen: “I’ve seen fan-shot footage of you running away from that arena not long after the explosion, young man. Your Shield brothers had left an hour earlier and you’ve still yet to give me a clear alibi.”

Seth: “All I can say is that I didn’t do it….and me staying late had NOTHING to do with Vince.”

Regal: “I’m afraid you’ll need to do better than that….and another thing….”

*BOOM* Regal hears an explosion.

tumblr_n6b2w1Oszk1qdts22o1_400.gif

A security guard grabs Regal, saying there’s been another accident. Regal runs down the corridor to find Triple H badly injured. Another explosion looks to have been set in Triple H’s office, only it failed to fully detonate, meaning Hunter is hurt but not dead. The show ends with Regal trying to make sense of all this.

The next week Regal officially rules out Elias, Paige and Triple H as suspects. Elias’ documentary footage proved he was busy the entire day. As much as Triple H might be the Cerebral Assassin, even he wouldn’t stoop so low as to nearly kill himself to hide his crime. Hunter is badly burnt and will take months to recover. All correspondence between Paige and the limo company was kosher and her whereabouts are accounted for all night. She was either in the arena or locked in her office doing who-knows-what. Unfortunately, everything points to one man…and that man has gone missing. Nobody can find him at present time, which only adds to Regal’s suspicion. Even worse is footage Regal plans to release later tonight....

In the closing segment of the show, we see fan-shot cell phone footage of Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins arguing at a restaurant.

1575314945_SethDean.PNG.50332db68d490979238410dd3b0f7f89.PNG

Seth: “Just lie for me. Just this once. We’re supposed to be brothers.”

Dean: “Look man, I’m not lying for you. This is some heavy stuff. I’m not getting involved if I don’t have to. Me and Roman went the strip club, you stayed behind. We don’t know what you were up to. How do we know you didn’t do it?”

Seth: “I didn’t do ANYTHING!”

Dean: “I dunno, man. We say we’re brothers, but how well do we really know each other, you know? Deep down, none of us know what each other are capable of.”

The footage is cut off when Seth notices the fan filming and chases after him.

Regal demands Seth appears next week.

Raw the following weeks closes with Seth Rollins coming out. Regal lists the evidence against him one last time and says he’s got no choice but to hand Seth over to the authorities…

Paige’s music hits.

“Seth, tell him…”

“Okay, if you won’t then I will….”

“The reason Seth was there that night is because….we’re having an affair!”

tumblr_nuxc1yT5cz1ra5hs3o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nv4th7E8wa1ra5hs3o2_400.jpg

tumblr_nvbhf3C4QJ1ra5hs3o1_1280.jpg

“We didn’t want anyone to know in case it jeopardised either of our careers but this has gotten completely out of hand. He didn’t do it because at that precise moment….HE WAS DOING ME!”

uSzzELd.gif

Regal: “Then who’s the bloody maniac trying to kill everyone, then?!”

Suddenly, the lights go out. When they come back on, Regal, Paige and Seth are all unconscious, with a masked man standing above them. He reaches for the mask to reveal himself…….

DDP.JPG.63e93157ef23a8d257716ac7a90aeed0.JPG

Dean-Ambrose-1023465.jpg?r=1538025070337

Michael Cole: “OH MY GOD IT’S THAT LUNATIC!”

Ambrose is shown laughing maniacally as the show ends.

In the aftermath, it’s revealed Ambrose has gone full Joker-In-The-Dark-Knight crazy. 

Joker.png.abbe47ad578b256561af39efae5afb75.png

He spent his time on the shelf sending himself nuts thinking about his relationship with Seth and this company as a whole. He planned to frame Seth and destroy everyone in the process. Agreeing to drop charges, Seth faces Dean at Wrestlemania, Triple H faces him at Summerslam, Roman faces him at Survivor Series. Crazed-heel Ambrose wins each time, now Universal Champ.

Then around mid-December the following year, Raw opens up unusually…

1f22b235389e732b22bacd2cf1dcc916.jpg

“Hello. If you’re watching this, I’m dead. I’m here to announce that even in death, I like to shake things up. This year’s Royal Rumble winner will not earn a Wrestlemania Title opportunity. No. This year’s Royal Rumble winner will earn all of my stock and become majority owner of WWE!”

1495 Words. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

May struggle to have mine done by the end of the weekend, just a heads up...

I'm running way behind on this as well guys, I'm hoping I can get it done sometime between Monday evening/Tuesday morning. It's just been one of those crazy weeks and I haven't had a chance to really think through a scenario. 

This came in exactly 232 words over. 😉

June 11th, 2007

July 9
Raw

memoryvince_zpsyln2t2lm.jpg

Linda, Shane, Stephanie and HHH are in the ring at the end of what’s been an emotional memorial.

Hunter is explaining that he and Stephanie are married again, and that they must look to the future, when they are interrupted from the stage.

thomaswhitneyESQ_zpsk3obznhg.jpg

”Excuse me. I am Thomas Whitney. I’ve been instructed via the wishes of Mr.McMahon to appear before you and read the following statement. It says…

“If you are reading this letter then you are a terrible lawyer.
I don’t expect any of my immediate family to have out-lived me, but if is the case, then please assemble in the ring
exactly one hour into the next Pay-Per-View event, whenever that is, and we shall commence with the will-reading.

“Good luck. Oh, and Mister Lawyer - yoooooooooou’re firrrrrrred.”

July 22
Great American Bash

shanesteph_zpseqraftd7.jpg

The family are in the ring as a video of Mr McMahon plays on the Titantron…

vincevid_zpskbvifqsr.jpg

“…and so quite frankly, I feel none of you deserve to outright own WWE. You’ve all tried to put me out of business, dammit! I won’t make it so easy. As of today WWE has been left, in its entirety, to a person who will make themselves known when they deem it appropriate.

“However, until then, daily business will be overseen by a caretaker I have personally chosen. They will see you tomorrow, on Raw.

“I hope none of you sons of bitches came to my funeral.”

Stephanie bursts into tears and runs off. 

July 23
Raw

roster_zpsdey9zbqx.jpg

The entire roster surrounds the ring as the family eyes them all with suspicion!

Stephanie: “Let’s get this over with. This caretaker, whoever it is - get out here right now!”

stephgif_zpsf8az2aa1.gif

JR: “Bah gawd it’s The Donald.”

It’s Donald Trump! He remains on the stage and takes some paper from his coat.

“I have a letter from Vince.

“It’s not about power, nor about passion - it sure as hell ain’t about family. It’s about MONEY.
I hate your guts Don, and you embarrassed me at WrestleMania, but you know how to make money.
And by the time the new owner decides to take the reins on a daily basis, you, Donald J Trump,
will have transformed WWE into a trillion-dollar JUGGERNAUT.
And my family better know their place. They struggled to do that when I was around,
but they can’t upset the applecart if they don’t know who is in charge.

“MU-HAHAHAHAHA!”

July 30
Raw

Trump is in the ring with Coach.

“What a tremendous response. It’s very simple - I want to make wrestling great again.”
Coach: “Whoa, you… you can’t say that, sir.”
“What?”
“The W-word.”
“Wrestling? To hell with that, this is a wrestling show. Let’s wrestle!”

The fans go wild.

backstagemcmahon_zpsu3jxyvws.jpg

Backstage the family watch on.

Triple H: “Who the hell is he colluding with?”
Stephanie: “I’m going to investigate this properly - via the courts. This is too serious to do it any other way.”
Shane: “I’ll interview every single person in this industry. I don’t trust law enforcement to get to the bottom of this quickly.”
Triple H stands up.
“Screw all that - I’m gonna beat the crap out of the guy and take back what’s ours.”

hhh_zps3pxfb4so.jpg

HHH: “I don’t know how you slithered your way into this position but it won’t fly with me. Leave. I’ll take charge until the owner shows.”
Trump: “Not a chance. I love it here. And everyone loves me. The ratings are rising as we speak.”
HHH: “How do we know you didn’t knock off Vince yourself?”
Trump: “I could have, trust me, I could have. I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and get away with it. But it wasn’t me. I have proof.”
HHH: “Why are you here then?”
Trump: “It’s a great TV show, Harold. I like the challenge of live TV.”
HHH: “Hunter. You like a challenge? Put your caretakership up for grabs. In a match. That’s how we do it here.”
Trump: “You’re crazy. Loco. I know the best guys. I have the best wrestlers. You find two partners, and you got yourself a deal - my three guys versus your team…at Summerslam.”

As the show ends, Shane is backstage watching footage of his dad’s demise. His eyes light up.

“…I know who did it.”

August 6
Raw

Lilian: “Ladies and gentlemen - Donald Trump, and his team for Summerslam.”

Later, the nWo is backstage. Except Hall, who is already AWOL.

trumphogan_zps2iduxfc7.jpg

Hogan: “Remember WrestleMania 4 in Trump Plaza?”
Trump: “Yes, tremendous crowd. The biggest attendance ever.”
“I hoisted the near-6000-pound Andre over my head, brother, and then…”
“And then you winked at me in the front row, I remember!”
“That’s right, brother! A lift, a wink then I slammed him down.”
“A bunch of white men in a crowd watching wrestling. Those were the days.”
“Those were the days!”
“Hahaha!”
“Hahaha!”
“Haha. How’s your beautiful daughter?”

Kevin Nash rolls his eyes.

Shane is in the ring, alongside a police officer!

“I’m calling out my top suspect. I think YOU killed my dad - PAUL LONDON!”

london_zpsxylvguju.jpg

London: “No, it wasn’t me. Just because I grinned at him seconds before death? I had no idea. I was trying to stand out from the crowd so I could get promo time like this.”
Shane: “Oh.”
London: “Besides, even if I did do it, it’s not the worst thing that’s happened around here.”
Policeman: “Eh?”
London: “People get set on fire around here. Hung from the ceiling. Dropped in cars from 40 feet. Buried alive in cement. It’s all there in the videotape library.”
Policeman: “…This place is weird.”
He walks off. London grins right in Shane’s face. Shane attacks London and throws him out the ring, exasperated.

August 13
Raw

Trump is backstage with Coach, looking at the roster lists.

“Who might Hunter pick…who’s this guy?”
“That’s Rey Mysterio, from SmackDown.”
“Oh, good. Keep the rapists over there…and this guy?”
“That’s Eugene, sir. He’s…he’s special.”
“Oh you mean special like…

disabledgif_zps8a40owil.gif

Lilian is ringside.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Triple H’s team for Summerslam.”

August 26
SUMMERSLAM

evolutionwins_zpsex0rz63a.jpg

Evolution beats the nWo!

Trump is being asked backstage about leaving WWE.

facesgif_zpsyqukunfi.gif

“I never said that. I’m going to be here for years. Four, maybe even eight years. What you heard was fake news.”

August 27
Raw

Trump fires the nWo. Triple H demands to know what it takes to wrest WWE from Trump.

“You must want it really bad. In that case, you’ll have a match. And we’re gonna surround the ring with a wall!”

trumpraw_zpsfnawlpw6.jpg

Coach: “But the WWE Universe needs to see it. They can’t see through walls.”
“We will put holes in the walls. It will be like…”
“A cage?”
“Yes, it’ll be the greatest caged wall there ever was.”
HHH: “I don’t trust you.”
“Look, we’ll shake on it this time, like men.”

Triple H beats Great Khali in the cage. Trump is on the stage.

HHH: “Give me control!”
Trump: “I don’t remember shaking on it.”
HHH: “You just screwed me!”
Trump: “Whoa calm down. How about I give you…say, how does 100,000 sound? Let’s make it 130. I give you 130,000 dollars after the show - we forget the screwing ever happened. What a deal.”

Trips walks up the ramp and punches Trump in the face.

September 10
Raw

Shane brings out all the old employees who wanted dad dead.

They bicker and mock and Shane is getting nowhere, when…

Stunners all round, obvs.

September 17
Raw

stephanie_zpsisi9rhir.jpg

Stephanie returns!

“I’ve cracked it, Shane. I unearthed some documents.  Dad… dad has another son. It must be him. He must be the killer.”

September 24
Raw

nash_zps6mnconav.jpg

Kevin Nash rolls up in a limo! He tracks down Hunter.

“There’s something you need to know. Trump knows who killed Vinnie.”
HHH: “How do you know?”
Nash: “I was taping all his conversations. Everyone was. Dunno why.”

They listen to the tape.

~~~~~ Trump: “…It was those damn Muslim terrorists!” ~~~~~

October 7
NO MERCY

Triple H, Shane and Trump are in the ring. 

Shane: “Terrorists? Explain - NOW!”

Trump: I....I.....uhh...."

(If that entrance isn't someone being elevated, I don't know what is.)

hassan_zpskjrmpclv.jpg

“I’m not the inheritor. I’m certainly not Vince’s son. And I didn’t kill him. But I AM an accomplice. I DID help the culprit.”

JR: “Bah gawd.”

“I did it because someone asked me to. A higher power.”

Lawler: “Oh no.”

Hassan: “And in return, I have been rewarded with a new contract, and the chance for revenge against the man who thought he had killed ME. At Cyber Sunday, I challenge for the World Heavyweight Title - against The Undertaker.”

Trump: “See, I told you! Muslim terrorists, all of them! Kill his family!”

October 28
CYBER SUNDAY

laydown_zpsqasxsani.jpg

In a shocker, SmackDown’s Undertaker LAYS DOWN for Hassan. Muhammad Hassan is the NEW World Heavyweight Champion!

takerpromo_zpsd4bntwqj.jpg

Undertaker: “Muhammad Hassan’s higher power - is ME.”

JR: “Good GAWD.”

Undertaker: “My career is coming to an end. I want the company. And I pass the torch to the only man brave enough to assist me.

“I KILLED MCMAHON - and I’m the only one who can get away with it.”

security_zpsbqlip658.jpg

“Says who?!” says Shane! He’s here with the police.

The lights go out.

Undertaker and Hassan have disappeared!

emptyring_zpsasnpknvg.jpg

October 29
Raw

Trump is in the ring when the Undertaker magically appears! In a suit!

takersuit_zpsmoxbvqoi.jpg

Undertaker: “It’s time for you to leave, old man.”
Trump: “You damn right I’m leaving. You people are all crazy. How did you do that? I’m the only sane one around here.”

He starts pointing a finger at the entire crowd.

“I want to see everyone’s emails. Lock all these people up now! Loco, every last one of you!”

Trump walks into a Tombstone piledriver.

Undertaker: “I now own, World Wrestling Entertainment.”

shanestephbackstage_zpswks5ip1l.jpg

Shane walks in with a suitcase.

Stephanie: “Where have you been?”
Shane: “Just tracking down some information.”
They chat for a while.
Stephanie: “So who the hell is dad’s other son?”

kennedy1_zpsz02wl1fa.jpg

Mr.Kennedy barges into the room.

Kennedy: “Oh - sorry, wrong room.”

He leaves.

Shane: “No idea, sis. Our priority now is protecting the company. But as for our brother, whoever he is… most likely we’ll never know.” 

shanecar_zpskonafai9.jpg

Shane reaches the parking lot and enters his car. He opens the suitcase and looks at several papers. 

“Stephanie will never know. Not until the time is right.”

He reaches over and places the documents into his lockbox, slowly closes the lid, and punches in the key code.

• Paid Members

Cheers @Supremo and @Mr.Showtime, those are both tremendous. 

@Liam O'Rourke and @WeeAl, how would you boys be fixed for a Wednesday night deadline - then I can start getting the panel together and putting together the results/scenarios for the final. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Cheers @Supremo and @Mr.Showtime, those are both tremendous. 

@Liam O'Rourke and @WeeAl, how would you boys be fixed for a Wednesday night deadline - then I can start getting the panel together and putting together the results/scenarios for the final. 

That'll do well mate, I'll have it sorted by then.

• Paid Members

Smackdown – 10/18

The Miz viciously attacks Daniel Bryan on Smackdown two weeks before Crown Jewel. Miz leaves Bryan bloody & unconscious, following Daniel's win over Shelton

Corey Graves: "we may have seen Daniel Bryan's last ever match".

mqdefault.jpg.ff59ac256310dafc69821c007f24ebb0.jpgďťż

Next Week

Samoa Joe, looking smug: "AJ, sometimes life works in mysterious ways. Bryan is out, and I'm in - there will be no mistakes at Crown Jewel my friend. Your title is mine."

DNbTtAzU8AEOUto.0.thumb.jpg.b6ca9a4dabe2003fb93817b404ffaebf.jpgďťż

b4prwtsr5gq01.png.93cfc941eee275af56dcc851f7456dfd.png

Paige asks Joe what he means. He isn’t wrestling at Crown Jewel. The Saudi Prince expects something monumental & historic on the show, and since he won in Oz and Joe lost, Cena is getting the match with AJ, to go for a record breaking 17th Title. Joe is furious as Smackdown ends.

images.jpeg.e2c88c5fab4943a0f731351e5788219f.jpeg

Crown Jewel - WWE Championship

8dccdef96464fa1fc98ad2b9ae2a3a8c.thumb.jpg.8a92b3ae6514ab022bcff4a6508524ee.jpg

Cena and AJ are having a tremendous back and forth match (you know the one). A third AA, Cena tries to cover. With both men down Joe appears, putting a beating on the both of them "This is a disgrace; Joe has ruined this incredible contest, and Cena's attempt at a 17th world title." It’s a double DQ. Joe storms off.

a3594e84f3303cd7c980b39c57cc0721-768x496.jpeg.aeeb5d692d6b7c8c510a95ba436afd84.jpeg

Smackdown after Crown Jewel

Joe is in the ring claiming what he did at Crown Jewel was because he’s the rightful WWE Champion, having beaten AJ Styles at Hell in a Cell, and then "In walks John Cena. To show up and get everything handed to you, whenever you have a schedule gap. You've had all the success in the world John, you've held the world championship sixteen times. But that's not enough for you, is it? Do you remember when we were getting started John? I helped you in the ring back in UPW, we stayed after classes, practicing holds. We travelled, lived together, learning our craft? Do you remember when I lent you money, that you needed in order to continue training? When you needed help who was there for you? I was John. Then WWE spotted you and poof, John Cena disappeared from my life for years, other than through the TV. No thank you, or a good word put in for me with WWE when I was on the outside in the cold, shivering, starving, while you were inside in front of the fire, eating caviar, drinking champagne, winning world titles and making millions of dollars.  You could have picked up the phone John. Instead - this is how you repay me? By stealing MY championship dream? I vow to you this - WHEN I win the WWE Title, you will never get a shot at taking it from me."

samoa_joe.0.thumb.jpg.0850e3e41d5fff2ec93a949d3a0dddec.jpg

Cena and Styles are to re-match at Survivor Series. Joe is banned from ringside.  

Survivor Series

Aj arrives backstage walking to his dressing room.

wm34_ajstyles_arrive_04082018--23aa79508edd9adc23738f22620bc558.thumb.jpg.f69f4b85448bb45bb902fd362f23b6af.jpg

Cena is shown arriving. The commentators discuss their demeanour. Outside his dressing room Cena is attacked with a lead pipe to his knee by a masked assailant. The masked ďťżman repeatedly strikes Cena in the knee.
Tom phillips: "How is Cena going to compete tonight like thisďťż?"

hqdefault.jpg.89883d23c4d69a84ff142de2f3bfda7d.jpg

In the trainer's room Cena is told he has a dislocated knee and a partially torn ACL. He insists on wrestling.ďťż

AJ Styles wants to delay until Cena is healed. Cena convinces him they need to have the match tonight as it’s what people paid for. Styles agrees. 

AJCena.jpg.1bc17699cb6c43c77dc0cd313f1eb79a.jpg

AJ beats ďťżCena with the calf crusher in a one sided match. Cena, hardly able to move, never mind put AJ in much danger. Cena puts up a struggle for fifteen minutes, eventually passing out from the pain of the ďťżcrusherďťż.

giphy.gif.38fe98eea65bfc578ad209e3383ef5b8.gif

Smackdown after Survivor Series

Paige: "John is out for two months".  Joe demands a title match, Paige says no as she believes he attacked Cena, however AJ wants to face Joe tonight, for the Title, inside - a SOLID STEEL CAGE!

dc25141ba02598e047044c08685f90aa_crop_north.jpg.52db2e720710a93caa639556c614d0e2.jpg

Later . . . 

Joe beats AJ by escaping the cage following assistance from. . .Miz? Joe was crawling out the door as AJ was going over the top. Miz caught AJ at the top of the cage, preventing him beating Joe to the outside.

1189888027_hqdefault(2).jpg.3d939095cdc5fd74fba282736584a0cf.jpg

samoa_joe_intercontinental_champion_by_nibble_t-d9dtq0j.thumb.png.29c8e5258d377bfc5760c670f4ecdb98.png

The commentators speculate on what happened.

GettyImages-813477340-1014x570.thumb.jpg.d40edff63420e5abcd4c10d29ec040f9.jpg

SD! next week. . . ďťż

Joe Vs AJ is booked for TLC in a Tables match. Joe vows to beat AJ and defend against Miz at the Rumble.  

"Now we know why Miz helped him last week Corey! He was bribed!" - Tom Phillips. 

Cena is shown doing rehab in a VT.

014_IMG_6548.thumb.jpg.b74e5ffefb5140a0203cd9e4f07a4491.jpg

john-cena-still-lifting-heavy-at-41-years-old-header-1068x566.thumb.jpg.98722a8aee89fcb5a42a6dcb6bc8bd6f.jpg

Cena: “I’m going to win the Rumble and take the title.
 Joe, laughing "good one John, you can't beat me with two legs, nevermind one."

TLC

Joe puts AJ through the table with the uranage, catching AJ on his attempt at the phenomenal forearm. Post match, Joe and Miz beat down AJ. 

skysports-aj-styles-samoa-joe_4395312.jpg.76fb3c164262997d649c456d0217b757.jpg

Smackdown leading to Rumble

Recovery vignettes from Cena.

download.jpeg.84a0f79271329193615892387619ea11.jpeg

825567457_hqdefault(1).jpg.dfbcf065b48ee2447dfa517d19068f22.jpg

Miz and Joe attack Styles every week. Styles, the week before the Rumble insists he will get his revenge on one of them during the Rumble match (the loser of the Championship match at the Rumble between Miz and Joe is in the Rumble that night). 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.16a29cacda5eedf3ab2fdf4100a61567.jpg

Royal Rumble

Joe interview. He's looking forward to the match with Miz as he has respect for him. He doesn't fear AJ. Joe knows he will win tonight and won't be in the Rumble. When asked about what happens if Cena wins the Rumble - Joe smirks "let me worry about that". 

1904684423_images(1).jpeg.6051815bbf63dcb5a42b04d628ef0f2b.jpeg

WWE Title -

Joe beats Miz, the two men have a respectable match considering both men's usual cheating, their newfound respect for each other means Joe pins him with a school boy, leaving the ring. Miz is going into the Rumble. Miz looks dejected and Daniel Bryan's music hits. Bryan runs down as Miz leaves through the crowd, scared. 

1088191458_images(2).jpeg.843b6011a59859238b72f5be7e7332d8.jpeg

Royal Rumble match ďťż

Cena enters at 29. ďťż

MadSecondaryHeron-size_restricted.gif.59640e2978df9deeb5943354e9bab94f.gif

AJ, Lesnar, Bryan and Strowman ďťżare left when Cena enters. Number 30 has to be Miz as ďťżhe hasn't appeared ďťżyetďťż.

283e12eb7eb9983e927bab8bbe57cf1c_crop_north.jpg.991ffe2420f0ca7740f2af9a0ff7b26f.jpgaj-styles759.jpg.1899f5d1450d0da6ba402ab3e697c558.jpg

The five are battling hard, when the claxon goes, they pause but Miz doesn't appear.  

Phillips: "Miz is that scared of AJ and Daniel that he didn't enter the Royal Rumble" AJ and Bryan look on, waiting for Miz, when Brock throws them both out with the help of Strowman. Brock turns on Braun throwing him over. It's down to Cena and Brock. They are against the ropes on opposite sides of the ring.  

Graves "What the hell!?"

960742909_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.99e31a6520958a7445ce5984a7bdb1a4.jpg

Joe grabs Cena in the kokina clutch and drags him out of the ring, over the top rope. Lesnar wins the Rumble due to Joe’s interference.

Post Rumble SD.ďťż

Elimination Chamber for number one Contender to Joe at WrestleMania. AJ, Almas, Cena, Orton, Nakamura, Hardy.

Miz isn't getting another chance.

Joe will defend at EC against Bryan as he missed his opportunity at Crown Jewel.

Elimination Chamber 

b638c-1517815135-800.jpg.ba782da60ba9aece45383efe6979e06e.jpg

Lesnar, not waiting until WrestleMania, beats Reigns for the belt.

089_SD_06192018hm_1861--65c11cd10298a3d101125b9d6fbcba71.thumb.jpg.8afb693e3e98b98b125bacdee359e3a1.jpg

Joe beats Bryan through nefarious tactics, threatening Brie at ringside causing Bryan to come to her aid getting caught in the kokina clutch.

d7c9b-1518857543-800.jpg.459c7967d813c3c758497a37d61c1e4d.jpgCena-Styles-EC.thumb.jpg.452d5aa2edd7a4bb1913e1b5c45c10a7.jpg

The EC comes down to AJ Vs Cena. Cena is about to win following an AA to the steel when Joe attacks the referee, enters the cage laying out Cena with a chair. Styles recovers, pinning Cena.

aj-styles-beats-john-cena-in-an-incredible-match-ftr.jpg.99ef0365fdfb796eb90f836e8cf793e8.jpg

Road to Mania…

AJ decides to challenge Brock for the Universal title at WM. He’s never held that Championship and Brock put him out of the Rumble. 

Joe declares that nobody is worth of him at ‘Mania. Cena calls Joe out for the attacksand costing him the championship repeatedly, but Joe is elusive.

1788078807_download(2).jpeg.509b1ce6bd0ac9a3cf246d2ccd939d0d.jpeg

Charly Caruso "John, how are you going to get Joe to face you at WrestleMania?"

"I have an idea. . ."

1068352348_download(1).jpeg.81d354ed00eb9ffdf5317e1cb266091c.jpeg

4 weeks ďťżbefore Maniaďťż. . .

Cena challenges Joe but again Joe refuses. Cena offers: "your title. . .for my career" Joe thinks it over . . . "I accept". Cena smiles.

73070086_tenor(1).gif.fd5e0a1e446c5539df9bd71de3a5915c.gif

3 weeks. .  . 

Paige interrupts Joe talking. ďťżShe ďťżshows him the signed bout agreement to face Cena for the title. She ask Joe to sign and he does without reading.

1077762642_hqdefault(3).jpg.3953ee3cf4942069f896e69a52423a79.jpg

Cena arrives.

Cena:"You know you really should read everything you sign " 

Joe:"You can't do this to me!"

WWE-NXT-Spoilers-For-Tonights-Show-Samoa-Joe-Shinsuke-Nakamura-Confrontation.png.76ae1220731e8be57736d4938ce79148.png

Paige: "play the footage"

CCTV, dated the night of Survivor Series. Joe removes a mask and discards a pipe in the bin in the car park.

Paige : " You're caught Joe. WrestleMania you'll be facing Cena for the Title. Cena's career is on the line. But Joe? So is YOURS"

938224482_hqdefault(4).jpg.311c17500b000a79c1c2b507340b93cc.jpg

WRESTLEMANIA 35

2KrvppI.thumb.png.a80cd895a68988421b413a1ef0d07c88.png

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

Promo videos, highlighting both men's careers. Before the match, they show a video detailing the build.

Joe and Cena are having a barn burner. They are leaving it all on the line, to fight to keep their careers. Go big or go home.

982998856_maxresdefault(2).thumb.jpg.e163704efe7617a8f3b2c74d062c2b4f.jpg

Cena wants to be the most accomplished champion ever. Joe never wants to need to be more than a one time champion - once, and that he never loses the belt again is enough for him.

john-cena-wm30photo198-1397069434.thumb.jpg.51da020f01fe9dd8d1071b545a950507.jpg

Both men have hit their finishers, Kokina Clutch, STFU, AA, Uranage, repeatedly, near falls and rope breaks aplenty. Uranage by Joe for the 4th time and applies the Kokina Clutch. Joe tells Cena to tap but he doesn’t listen.

john-joe-696x392.jpg.fc7d3f25cf54f8115fc4ab916b792c00.jpg

Joe: "don't make me do what I swore I'd never do again John" Cena struggles to get to the ropes. 

Cena eventually makes it. 

After 30 minutes, the crowd are on their feet, Cena breaks the hold and Joe is shaking his head. 

Phillips: "This must be what Joe was talking about" 

Joe has Cena up for the Muscle Buster. He’s still talking to Cena, begging John to not make him go through with it.

Cena says "do it Joe!"

Joe hits the muscle buster. 

samoa-joe-1486472216-800.jpg.4765e9607332b6d6f8e893dc84029af6.jpg

DmlZG8vWwAAGRGW.thumb.jpg.1a56646464600f4068b304c0bf7633f1.jpg

Cena is prone in the middle of the ring. Joe looks on saddened. 1…2……..3.

"I asked you not to make me have to go that far John. . .". 

Cena doesn't move for a long time.

ss14_photo_309xx-1408348743.jpg.406d4b8ea7081e95ef94d583250242cd.jpg

Joe helps Cena to his feet, checking he’s OK. The two men hug, Joe leaves the winner, having finished the career of the man with whom his career started many years ago.

WM28_Photo_360.jpg.d58c5d8e034260644250fa212d676e9d.jpg

John Cena, almost the most accomplished world champion of all time, takes in the adulation one last time, before riding off into the sunset. 

mania-696x392.jpg.a0bfbc0b1644007dda1bc27997aee931.jpg

Archived