An 'All In' Thread

MPDTT

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible show. Loved it. 

Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumours about Okada and Scurll going WAY over and getting heat for it? That Marty was the only one in the 'core group' not in the ring for the post show speech and that may be why?

Rumour seems to be that it was the okada match that went long, but I don’t see them bringing okada in to do ten mins match. Probably an accumulation of time through the night 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

In regards to no CM Punk chants I’d say most of the crowd were there in actual support of Cody and The Young Bucks and not to hijack the show like a WWE Event.

Sort of begs the question as to what kind of dumb shit pays money to go to a wrestling show to deliberately hijack it with chants about a wrestler who no longer wants anything to do with that company in the first place.

• Paid Members

Joey Ryan's the shits, though, isnt he? Be honest, how is this funny in any way possible? If he was a comedian, he'd be Jon Lovitz or Pauly Shore or some cunt. One note gag, involving his cock. You might get 10,000 people in a building popping for it, but there's no way that shit is going to fly on TV.

10 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Joey Ryan's the shits, though, isnt he? Be honest, how is this funny in any way possible? If he was a comedian, he'd be Jon Lovitz or Pauly Shore or some cunt. One note gag, involving his cock. You might get 10,000 people in a building popping for it, but there's no way that shit is going to fly on TV.

Totally agree I can't stand joey Ryan there's a reason no one has touched him other than the tiny stint in tna.. He's the shits

• Paid Members

He's the perfect indy gimmick. turns up, does some nob gags, you think 'oh it's the nob gag guy off of the internet....meh' then he goes off to the next promotion, never anywhere long enough for people to realise just how shit he is.

3 minutes ago, chokeout said:

He's the perfect indy gimmick. turns up, does some nob gags, you think 'oh it's the nob gag guy off of the internet....meh' then he goes off to the next promotion, never anywhere long enough for people to realise just how shit he is.

Yeah he's a total cunt

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

This. He gets such a pass from some of my wrestling mates on Twitter that subscribe to "It's a laugh, none of us pretend its real any more." Although weirdly enough the same lot share all the super-cereal indy 50 minute wristlock matches and lambaste WWE as a circus and for not giving their wrestlers chance to do the same. The kind that still watch ROH and refer to the "dark days" of the WWF when they had characters like Doink, without realizing the irony of Joey Ryan being more Doink than Doink ever was. Can't have it both way, Ryan.

• Paid Members

I never rated Ryan when he was just that bloke from PWG, then enjoyed his work when he became sleazy, baby-oil, moustache guy, and now am back to rolling my eyes at all the cock gags. Funny for a while, gets repetitive.

• Paid Members

I quite liked Joey Ryan's character in TNA when he was just a pure sleazeball as it felt quite fresh and had legs.

Agreed that what he's morphed into is fucking terrible though, there's suspending your disbelief and making a mockery of the whole thing isn't there?

I actually found the show a bit of a chore to get through, to be honest. Kenny/Penta was excellent of course, and the main event was tons of fun (although the fact it had to be cut so short makes all the skippable stuff earlier in the show doubly frustrating), but it just all felt a bit... inconsequential.  I’m glad I didn’t bother to stay up to watch it live, because no way would I have been awake by the halfway point.

And that utter horseshit with Hangman Page and Joey Ryan and talking cowboy boots and inflatable penises is up there with the absolute worst WrestleCrap in history, and a reminder why I find Being The Elite impossible to watch (despite actually liking most of the guys involved).

11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I don't mind him in DDT where that kind of shit fits in. But he shouldn't be anywhere near a major promotion/show with his gimmick.

Plus he makes Jim Cornette's piss boil, so I just can't bring myself to hate him.

• Paid Members

As someone who doesn't really keep up with any ROH or US Indy stuff, I'd heard about Joey Ryan but never really seen anything properly. As an unexpected one off appearance I was proper laughing at it. I can see how you couldn't get away with doing it every week though.

Archived