Onyx2

Chippy Tea

12 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Alright, Monsignor Bollocks - you're going to have to tell me what a red pudding is. Sounds like it could've been in Game Of Thrones.

I know black pudding and white pudding, but never heard of a red one, and I am intrigued to know more.

Me too. I guessed it was just a minced beef & onion suet pudding but the foil tin it comes in is red?

The best chippy is Josie's by mine in Rhosymedre. They do the best thing ever. The chip cone! Only it's not paper they use. They rip the guts out of a load of bread and fill it with chips instead. £2.40. I normally have it covered in mince as a bit of wet on it.

Just now, PowerButchi said:

The best chippy is Josie's by mine in Rhosymedre. They do the best thing ever. The chip cone! Only it's not paper they use. They rip the guts out of a load of bread and fill it with chips instead. £2.40. I normally have it covered in mince as a bit of wet on it.

I was with you right up to the mince, but a souped-up chip butty is a great idea.

4 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

This is the menu of my local (and best) chippy for anyone interested, prices are decent and not jaw dropping like London ones! 

https://www.royalfishbar.uk

That's more like it. Not this ponceification of fish and chips we had earlier in the page.

gbt.png

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 minute ago, Gus Mears said:

That's more like it. Not this ponceification of fish and chips we had earlier in the page.

gbt.png

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GOURMET~!

"Shall we use a stock photo? Piss off, I'll take it on me phone"

Edited by Onyx2

Large mixed kebab meat and chips (hold the salad), drowned in mint/yogurt sauce and a couple of scollops for good measure. If I've got the spare change, a can of Dr.Pepper or fruit Fanta to wash it down with.

Ralphy's does faggots, chips ands peas as well. A proper chippy. Not wanking around with fucking panko breadcrumbs.

Edited by PowerButchi

1 minute ago, PowerButchi said:

They do faggots, chips ands peas as well. A proper chippy. Not wanking around with fucking panko breadcrumbs.

I still can't get over the nerve of someone going in a chippy and asking for halloumi. London is the worst.

18 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

That sounds great! A chippy in my childhood hometown used to hollow out a breadbun, fill it with baked beans before battering it in the fryer. They were taken over about 18 years back and took it off the menu. :(

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack
Typo

13 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

GOURMET~!

"Shall we use a stock photo? Piss off, I'll take it on me phone"

Well, they cant afford a fancy camera AND gourmet food! 

I hate choosing between pie and fish so I like to split it with er inoors and get a large cod and a chicken & mushroom pukka between the two of us, orange chips and curry sauce. if I'm feeling really hungry i'll chuck on a southern fried potato. butter & bread (obvs) and the aforementioned shandy bass.

1 hour ago, FailedPromoter said:

thick mushy peas as a breakwater

All is forgiven. This thread has gone #EatClean in a hurry, apart from the halloumi which frankly anyone in their right mind would be ashamed to order.