Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Brookside was better than The Wire.

Have you seen that new show on 5 called Clink.  It’s made up of Brookside, Bad Girls and the Bill rejects.

I saw one episode of Clink but I wasn’t that impressed. Might give it a further look to see if it improves.

Here’s another one - Prisoner Cell Block H, as cheaply made as it was, remains the greatest Australian Drama Series to this day.

3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

How many Australian drama series can you name?

The Flying Doctors, Wentworth Prison (PCBH reboot but not as good), The Doctor Blake Mysteries, Blue Heelers, Water Rats and Heartbreak High. OK, I can’t name that many but PCBH was still my favourite.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Would you mind elaborating on that viewpoint? Genuinely interested, as whilst I personally like the film, I could also see why his emotional investment in the book might cause him to react badly to the film's divergence at the time. I'd definitely welcome another perspective on that.

He's clung on to this view that The Shining is a bad adaptation for nearly 40 years now. Yet he went ahead and made an adaptation of his own that was more faithful to his book and it was awful. He still doesn't get why Kubrick did what he did and seems unswayed by the fact that it's widely regarded as one of the greatest horror films of all time and in the eyes of some, one of the greatest films full stop. There was some utter shit in the book that Kubrick was right to eject.

There's also his opinion on the changing of the ending to The Mist, his views on It, and his high rating of Graveyard Shift and Cujo. 

54 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

UNPOPULAR OPINION

Simpsons memes are shit

I'd go as far as saying memes in general are shit. But that's probably because I don't really know what they or the point of them. I'd rather be living in a hut in the woods, yelling at clouds.