Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

The Europa League is much more fun than the Champions League. It's not often you get to see Alexandr Hleb, looking evermore reminiscent of a Passion of the Christ era Willem Dafoe, retire from the game mid match. Chelsea's reserves are going to piss this and the Europa theme song reminds me of Tarzan Boy by Tavares - 

18 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Weird as it sounds to say this in my head, Lambert to Ipswich makes total sense. He’s free and clubs higher up in the Championship/lower in the Premier League won’t touch him at the moment, so a project like this is a realistic option for both parties. He’ll be up against it with some Ipswich fans from the get go because of his Norwich and Cchester stints, but who knows, he might turn things around there. He gave me some of the best memories as a Norwich fan I’ll ever have - he could manage the Taliban and I’d still be fond of him. 

Lambert is the most dour and dull manager in football that I can think of. The man is a walking charisma vacuum. He did a great job with Norwich all them years ago but has stunk the place out at everywhere he's been since. He's probably the least memorable Rovers boss we've had in my life and we've had some shite manage us.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Lambert is the most dour and dull manager in football that I can think of. The man is a walking charisma vacuum. He did a great job with Norwich all them years ago but has stunk the place out at everywhere he's been since. He's probably the least memorable Rovers boss we've had in my life and we've had some shite manage us.

See? He’s perfect for them! 

• Paid Members

There's a brilliant interview with Andy Cole in the Guardian. Poor sod is in a bad way mentally, and has opened up about how hard its been for him being ill these last few years. Quite a heartbreaker.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/26/andy-cole-manchester-united-interview-kidney-transplant?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Absolutely Shaqqed. Huge game for Salah that, comfortably the best he's looked this season.

Good to see us back in the goals in the Premier League. Hopefully conceding that late goal is the final nail in Moreno's career with us casket - he's abysmal. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

There's a brilliant interview with Andy Cole in the Guardian. Poor sod is in a bad way mentally, and has opened up about how hard its been for him being ill these last few years. Quite a heartbreaker.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/26/andy-cole-manchester-united-interview-kidney-transplant?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Real good interview, sad the problems he's had with his kidneys and his mental health.

Not that it matters now, but he mentioned being at Arsenal when he was first breaking in. Was the story about him being caught nicking stuff from the changing rooms a) actually about Andy Cole or somebody else and I'm misremembering? and b) true?

Also just got a notification that the Leicester City chairman's helicopter has crashed outside Leicester's stadium.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Not looking good at Leicester this evening. The chairman's helicopter has crashed in the industrial estate next to the King Power, shortly after taking off from the pitch after the game. They are not saying he was on board but you've got to figure he was. Not looking good.