Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

100% this would have been Neil Custis. When ever he's in the company of proper sports writers he's usually ganged up on and shown up. Even that tit Mike Parry had him off.

My favourite Neil Custis Sunday Supplement pic. He is eating those muffins with his eyes.

He's such a prick, makes Oliver Alice Band seem palatable.

IMG_20170220_215815.jpg

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I was watching the Huddersfield game on a stream that had Lee Dixon as the pundit.  When Salah was given MOTM "By the local broadcaster", Dixon said he couldn't understand why as he was useless bar the goal.  The commentator asked him who he'd have given it to instead and after a minute of umming and ahhing, he said he'd get back to him on that.  Stealing a living.

Him, Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux are a million times better than any commentators or pundits from this country. Dixon in particular is often great.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Him, Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux are a million times better than any commentators or pundits from this country. Dixon in particular is often great.

We are really lowering the bar of what constitutes as great here. Dixon's main attribute is that he manages to avoid spewing all over his shirt when he opens his gob, unlike Phil Neville and others. This still doesn't mean that he offers anything approaching insight on a regular basis. He's inoffensive, but not much more.

Edited by Gus Mears

13 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

We are really lowering the bar of what constitutes as great here. Dixon's main attribute is that he manages to avoid spewing all over his shirt when he opens his gob, unlike Phil Neville and others. This still doesn't mean that he offers anything approaching insight on a regular basis. He's inoffensive, but not much more.

Well...yeah...compared to most of the BBC and Sky lot, he's a verbose wordsmith

• Paid Members

Souey, last year:

"English football is the most popular game in the world to watch because it's generally end-to-end with things happening," complained Souness.

"What we can't have - and I'll give you another example - I live down on the south coast of England and I went to watch Bournemouth play Swansea City three weeks ago.

"I came away with my 17-year-old son saying 'I didn't enjoy that.'

"It was like watching Dutch game of football, lots of nice little, pretty technique with little passes. There was no fire. There was nobody smashing into anyone.

"There was no real anger in the game. It was just about trying to outpass each other and just maybe they'd get a chance at the end of it."

Half in jest, the presenter reacted to this little tale by asking if Souness voted for Brexit .

"I certainly did, yeah," comes the response.

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post (I'm not really), but I've just cracked one out over Ozil's passing tonight. The Aubameyang tap-ins were absolutely beautiful to watch.

Claude Puel really looks like The Broker from Guardians of the Galaxy.

10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Sorry for the double post (I'm not really), but I've just cracked one out over Ozil's passing tonight. The Aubameyang tap-ins were absolutely beautiful to watch.

Claude Puel really looks like The Broker from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Is Ozil after a new contract again?

• Paid Members

After the way he's been treated by "luminaries" in Germany, I do hope Arsenal end up playing an assortment of German clubs next season, with Ozil scoring the goals that knock them out.

Kuntz.