Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Man United played class tonight. Obviously by "class" I mean men against boys at home with no subs used because the manager is making a point of how he should have been backed in the summer, even though he cant get anything out of the players he's brought in previously. Yeah, mint they were.

• Paid Members

To be honest, I don't think there was a positive substitution he could have made, with Lingard, Fellaini and Alexis all injured. Was always going to be tough against that Juve side in the form we're in. The second half performance was decent, it's the way we're starting games which is killing us, and that's nothing to do with substitutions.

23 hours ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Fa Cup magic in the air tonight and the nerves have hit already, we have a replay against Hemel Hempstead down at Oxford City with the prize of a trip to Tranmere in Round 1, might not sound a big deal to supporters of big clubs but it's huge for us, especially after knocking out Colchester last season and experiencing that feeling of finally disposing of a League club after coming so close in 99 (wycombe) and 2008 (burton), and being 30 seconds away from bringing Notts County to a replay in Round 2 , our club is desperate for some more prize money to help ease our debt problems

Oxford City 5-0 Hemel Hempstead 

Didn't see that one coming, but delighted!

10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

That's if you finish above PSV!

I love my club. Advertising our stadium as the only one to watch Champions League in London, then going out of it before it opens is peak Spurs. 

I always liken it to the bit in High Fidelity when Rob asks himself "What came first, the misery or the music? Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable, or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

• Paid Members

Weird as it sounds to say this in my head, Lambert to Ipswich makes total sense. He’s free and clubs higher up in the Championship/lower in the Premier League won’t touch him at the moment, so a project like this is a realistic option for both parties. He’ll be up against it with some Ipswich fans from the get go because of his Norwich and Cchester stints, but who knows, he might turn things around there. He gave me some of the best memories as a Norwich fan I’ll ever have - he could manage the Taliban and I’d still be fond of him.