Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, mim731 said:

100% this. I want all four eliminated in the quarters ideally. Maybe City could make the semis, but fuck the others.

I'm happy for Spurs and United to get to the semis. The longer they are in the competition could be advantageous to our top 4 prospects.

Don't want Ronaldo winning it. I want Ajax to win but will happily settle with Porto or Barca.

• Paid Members

The sooner Liverpool and Man City are out, the better. My ideal quarter-final draw would probably be:

Barcelona Vs Man City

Juventus Vs Liverpool

Ajax Vs Porto

Manchester United Vs Spurs

With Juventus knocking out Barcelona in the semi-finals, and the chances of Spurs doing a Spurs, I think that would be the most lovely way for everything to go. United Vs Ajax in the semi, Ajax putting up a valiant, but losing effort, and then Ronaldo to concede an 89th minute penalty to United in the final, while being caught giving Fergie a knowing wink and wry smile. Beautiful. 

• Paid Members

It's going to be Liverpool / City and Man U / Juve. Definitely the first.

I too don’t understand the joy at any club other than yours doing well. I hope the other 3 get badly humiliated. 

I’ve always said that I want us to play the biggest teams in it because you have no idea when you’ll next be in it, so because we’d faced Barca, Real, Juve in the last few years I would’ve loved PSG or Munich but alas. 

I hope we get Juve again, revenge for last year. 

I also don’t get the “hope teams stay in x so they’re tired in y competition” theory. Sure there’s statistics that back it up, but I suspect it could be a load of Soccernomics bollocks.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I also don’t get the “hope teams stay in x so they’re tired in y competition” theory. Sure there’s statistics that back it up, but I suspect it could be a load of Soccernomics bollocks.

Well the more games Harry Kane plays, the more chance he could injure himself by somehow ending up kicking himself into his massive gaping mouth.