Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

CAS are reading this (well, not the UKFF, but reports of FIFAs response to Chelsea) and are sighing, knowing Cousin Roman is going to call any moment now and they will be busy for a bit.

• Moderators

With international women's day being this week, we (we being Wrexham) had a local amazing poet do a poem before the game. I couldn't hear it in the tech end but it's brought tears to me eyes. 

Attendance that day? 7,500. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN 

Edited by PowerButchi

Lovely surprise in the form of Lallana's performance. Wasn't expecting much given how he's looked when coming on but he did really well. Firmino looked a lot sharper than he has done for a good few months too. Unlikely to happen but I hope we give Virgil the armband next year. The epitome of what you want in a captain.

Leno looked great for Arsenal. Good, organised performance from them. Rashford still looks like he's carrying a knock from the game against us. Looked off the pace for most of the game. 

• Paid Members

Despite United being so off it, they probably should have got a draw out of that. The Kak had the chances.

Rashford is definitely not at his best and hasn't been for a couple of weeks. Thankfully Martial is back, so maybe Ole will give Rashford the rest he probably needs.

I did expect United to drop points today. Mostly because we are due a loss away.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

That referee was the shits wasnt he? The first half, everything went United's way. Like little things, like throw ins that never went out, advantages not being played, offsides that were clearly on. In the second half he tried to balance it out somewhat, and made a hash of all kinds of decisions on the United end. He didnt look fit enough to referee a Premiership match. Tubby cunt was sucking wind so much, Mike Phelan had to take his inhaler.

No argument about that result, though. Part of the surprise of the miracle result against PSG were just how knackered the players have been for weeks. Going from Mourinho's "get your shape back" and no running style to immediately increasing the running and pressing the opposition is leaving this bunch a bit tired. It'll be a tough last 2 months if United cant keep the players fit. Lukaku should be burying those chances, though.

Expected a loss though. No Jlingz, No Emerates Party.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

7 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

No Jlingz, No Emerates Party.

Yep, them the rules.  He'd have smashed the place up like it was Jack Grealish.  

Here it comes - I guess the good news for the fans is at least they have a short journey back home.

• Paid Members

Disappointing to lose that, because going level with Spurs would have been an incredible achievement, but I saw this result coming given Arsenal's home record and the fact that we've already had our fair share of luck lately. You know it's not always going to go your way and today it didn't. That ref was definitely too fat for top level football though! Can't remember the last time I saw one with a proper belly like that. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

advantages not being played

Hardly surprising, fucker stalled every attempt we had at a counter attack so he could have a breather. Was half expecting him to put somebody in a chinlock for a couple of minutes.

Very disciplined performance from us, much more than you saw from a later Wenger side. Xhaka was very good, I bet Souness wasn't pleased with that.

The below is interesting, just goes to show the effect Emery has had already- only Liverpool have a larger YOY point increase than us. And yet there are dopey pricks in our fanbase against him...

IMG_20190310_204630.jpg.992981b793268ffcdad96b9e3c03cc1c.jpg

It helps that we've picked up more points against the other 'big 6' teams than we have for at least the past 10 seasons. Also, we've played all of our big 6 games this season, whilst Spurs (who have plateaued judging from the above) still have to travel to Liverpool and City. Ouch.

• Moderators

In more important footballing news, fuck neil, fuck John Sitton (don't tell him that, he's make me bring my dinner), and fuck Orient. The Wrexham massive attendnce bandwagon rolls on on Tuesday. AGaist RICHIE FUCKS BOATS BARROW on Tuesday. Do the right thing. Learn the song, and we can't let boatfjuck ruin the mighty Wrexham train.

BONUS - 

Wrexham twatting FC Porto in the CUp Winners Cup on away goals. Barry Horne with the winner. 

Edited by PowerButchi