Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Do you?  So do I!  Not sure if I've ever mentioned it before.

giphy.gif

Brilliant performance last night. Bayern were nowhere near their best, but I was always fearing the worst given our away form in Europe this year. So pleased with the season Mane is having, it's only VVD being incredible that's preventing him from running away with our POTY. Would love to get Porto again after the dicking we gave them last year, but think the draw will look like:

Liverpool/United, City/Juve, Spurs/Porto and Barcelona/Ajax.

• Paid Members

I know there will be those who are excited about a potential City/United final coming out of that, but as a neutral (ish), I'm hoping we get the Juve-Barca final. Messi and Ronaldo facing off again, this time with Ronaldo playing in Italy. Yes please!

• Paid Members

United are going to be home first because of the local authorities not wanting City and United to play at home in the same week. City get priority over United because of last years league position. Annoying.

Edited by Murtz

• Paid Members

We've been dicked with the same 'oh actually you will have to play your 2nd leg away' ruling as United have, for the same reason (Chelsea also drawn at home for 2nd leg and finished higher than us last season).

What a nonsense. It's not unusual for Arsenal and Chelsea to both play home games on the same day at the same time. We're nowhere bloody near each other, London is fucking massive.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I can't believe AdamTH17 got them wrong!

I'd be fine with a Juve/Barca final on the basis that Barca win.

I'm stunned, mate. Back to the drawing board for me. Paul the Octopus, I am not.

Pleased with that draw. Although we battered them away last year, they still looked solid enough defensively when they came to Anfield, so won't be the walk in the park a few of our fans have seemed to conjure up. City having to play Spurs 3 times on the bounce is a nice little bonus for us as well.

Not shifting from my pick of Juventus winning the whole thing though. I'd have said they were strong favourites before adding Ronaldo to their team, and just don't see them being beaten.

• Paid Members

If Juve win, then Ronaldo equals Seedorf's record of three CLs with three different clubs in three different countries. If that happens, wonder if he'd then jump to PSG for both a huge payday and an attempt to break the record.

• Paid Members

You might be interested in this article. Although he considers himself a footballer on the pitch, he considers himself an influencer off of it.

And you can't argue with that, he's probably the best ambassador English football has for the current generation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/14/jesse-lingard-life-outside-game-class-footballer-maybe-influencer/