Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He should have gone back to the States. Or done a short stint in Mexico, they're throwing some money around now.

He had a spell in Toronto before, didn't he? Surely a return to Canada or the US is preferable to being outmuscled and generally given no time to even think while trying to negotiate his way past the best that Hamilton Accies has to offer on a cold, wet Saturday afternoon in Lanarkshire?

Both him and Slippy G must be wondering what the fuck they've gotten themselves into. Promises of trophies and hero adulation has turned to being booed off the park and roundly outperformed by what can only really be described as journeymen players and managers on a fraction of the money.

2 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

It's a bit suprisingly Defoe is always on the bench. I thought he'd be great up here, but he's done the sum total of fuck all so far.

To be fair to him he's got something like 5 goals in 8 games, hasn't he? So it's hardly as though he's done nothing, but he's certainly not looking like a man who's enjoying his football. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, David said:

He had a spell in Toronto before, didn't he? Surely a return to Canada or the US is preferable to being outmuscled and generally given no time to even think while trying to negotiate his way past the best that Hamilton Accies has to offer on a cold, wet Saturday afternoon in Lanarkshire?

Yep, did well over there and was well liked. I can understand why he would come back to the Premier League but I don't really see why he moved to Rangers. He must have had tons of offers.

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yep, did well over there and was well liked. I can understand why he would come back to the Premier League but I don't really see why he moved to Rangers. He must have had tons of offers.

Only thing I can think is that Stevie G convinced him that together they could end Celtic's dominance and become heroes or some other bullshit. He's not there for the money, that's for sure.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, martyngnr said:

Steven Gerrard is a complete fraud of a manager. Found out yet again. 

I'm not a fan of the guy but he's not been a manager for a full season yet. This is the environment now. If you don't suceed within 6 months, you're finished. No wonder we get idiotic decisions like WBA sacking Darren Moore.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm not a fan of the guy but he's not been a manager for a full season yet. This is the environment now. If you don't suceed within 6 months, you're finished. No wonder we get idiotic decisions like WBA sacking Darren Moore.

Plus, they're currently 2nd- 8pts ahead of a team they finished behind last season. He's not a miracle worker, he's an inexperienced coach in his first season of management. He's doing fine. 'Complete fraud', christ alive.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Well, they probably need a bit of a reality check then. Did they really expect they'd be able to leapfrog both Aberdeen AND Celtic with a coach that is very much one for the future, within 1 season? Rhetorical question, I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Well, they probably need a bit of a reality check then. Did they really expect they'd be able to leapfrog both Aberdeen AND Celtic with a coach that is very much one for the future, within 1 season? Rhetorical question, I'm sure.

The Rangers fans I know were fairly realistic about what could be accomplished in the league. They know Celtic are stronger over 38 games, but I think they figured they'd make a fist of one of the cup competitions this season. Both times they've been beaten by Aberdeen.

• Paid Members

image.thumb.png.2aa90664a41968e58d0086769855ef9d.png

England squad announced. Declan Rice the obvious headline. Couple of big calls to be made. I've been a big fan of Trippier for years but he's been wank lately. I wouldn't accomodate him. Also Jordan Pickford who is still a really good shot stopper but has been really erratic this season. Considering how Tom Heaton has walked back into that Burnley side and improved everyone with his poise and experience, I'd give him a go.

Anyone surprised there is no Phil Foden? Not sure if I'd have picked him or not but given the way Southgate has built this squad, I'm a little bit surprised he's not in there for acclimatisation.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Mark Warburton got Rangers to a cup final with significantly less spend. Celtic have been nothing short of shambolic at times this season and a more experienced, or maybe just better, manager would have gotten a lot closer.

I definitely think Gerrard has potential but he's in the worst job possible if he wants to realise that potential.