D.Bryan cleared for in ring action

Otto Dem Wanz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

Fantastic news! 

Him and Shane against Sami and Owens at Mania then? 

I'd wager it's more than likely to be VS Shane. They've been building it for weeks and to reveal that he's cleared to return in such a triumphant manner is an obfuscation. 

If that is the case the trigger gets pulled tonight, the challenge is set - and accepted - next week and somehow they'll fuck it up badly on the go-home.

• Awards Moderator

A Redditor has compiled a list of tweets congratulating Daniel. The guy is so well liked:

According to his Twitter Daniel Bryan is going to kick off Smackdown addressing the crowd. The YESes are going to dwarf those from when he sat on top of the cage. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

According to his Twitter Daniel Bryan is going to kick off Smackdown addressing the crowd. The YESes are going to dwarf those from when he sat on top of the cage. 

They'd be absolutely insane if they didn't kick off with Bryan, and that's why I think announcing it BEFORE the show rather than having a surprise 'pop' makes sense. The pop would've been good, but the crowd absolutely going ballistic for him arriving into the ring, cheering 'YES' for about 5 mins solid until he can get a word in, will be incredible. And of course, the announcement will put much-needed eyes on the show.

Fantastic news for Bryan. I'm guessing he will do the tag with Shane against Owens/ Zayn at Mania and then go on to feud with a heel Shane over the summer only wrestling sparingly hopefully (whether he can go or not full time, keep him hot by limiting his action). After that he really needs to be in one of the title feuds next year as the challenger. His comeback story is at least a years worth of stuff right there. Unless they go the Hogan is hot 2002 route and hotshot the belt on him from Nakamua or AJ at the next PPV post mania..

If I was watching SmackDown and the first anyone heard about this was Bryan announcing it in the ring, my reaction would be restrained by the nagging thought that it could just be an angle: "D-Bry announces he's medically cleared, gets reinjured by Owens and Zayn before the end of the show, all to build heat for Shane's match at 'Mania."

At least this way it somehow seems more legitimate from the off.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Zaheer said:

Announcing it a few hours before the show to generate  hype before they kick off the show to see what Bryan has to say is absolutely the right move.

It's the right move for ratings. It's not as fun.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

I forgot about The Miz's feud with Bryan. It's definitely the one, eh? The Miz is a safe hand too.

Not to mention their past rivalry from their relationship as coach/rookie in the original NXT. They have a long history, those two.

• Paid Members

As a live spectacle, sure, it's pretty undeniable if Bryan just randomly announced he's cleared then the fans would have acted like me if Dani Daniels finally does anal, but I know I'd probably have read about it beforehand on the internet anyway, if they announced it on the live show. Jinder has sort of put me off Smackdown. The fact I knew beforehand meant I watched most of the show for Bryan.

@Carbomb Forgot about that too. Aye, it's such a cracking feud to have between the pair of them. They can just show that great video of The Miz taunting Bryan on Talking Smack (?) about his injuries, and they've got the fans into it.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It's the right move for ratings. It's not as fun.

Perhaps, but then again I agree with what Zeb has put here:

3 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

If I was watching SmackDown and the first anyone heard about this was Bryan announcing it in the ring, my reaction would be restrained by the nagging thought that it could just be an angle

and I think that's a great point. If I were watching it, I'd be apprehensive about the announcement and it would probably subdue my reaction. I think it would take some of the fans a while to digest what was said and whether they heard correct or not, as they've been conditioned to believe that WWE will never let him wrestle again. The homecoming-like reception he had at the start of the show was really special, which the pre-empted announcement created. I think I prefer the option they took. Good call.

• Paid Members

I think the only way to guarantee excitement from a surprise announcement/angle would be for Owens & Zayn to somehow wrangle a tag match for McMahon against a relatively dangerous team (as a way of softening him up for Mania), knowing he can't get a partner in time, only for him to announce a mystery partner, and have Bryan come out in his full gear. Problem there is you don't want that being his first match back, and it might dilute the anticipation for Mania a little.

17 hours ago, Supremo said:

Has Bryan ever wrestled AJ, Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens or Fin Balor?

I reckon he could have an absolute belter against Braun Strowman.

There's also Samoa Joe, and deep down I'd love a Team Hell No reunion before Kane packs it in.

Vs Balor

• Paid Members

He also faced AJ Styles in ROH, Kevin Owens in PWG, and Sami Zayn in PWG and WXW. Possibly other matches against all of them somewhere along the lines. Though everyone involved has changed and developed in the interim, so would be very different matches now.

He's never faced Shinsuke Nakamura, and it's a dream match for both of them - and a ton of history too, as it's a match they've both been pushing for years, even while in different companies, and they used to live together back in the day (along with Lyoto Machida).

Archived