D.Bryan cleared for in ring action

Otto Dem Wanz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There's something fantastic about this. I was reading somewhere that there was a plan for him to take a limited combat, no bump approach at Mania (think Brent Hart) and that he said no to it which I hope is still the case. I want him to tone down for sure but people will boo the place down if he's involved for all of two minutes at mania with a Shane vs Canadaian Best Friends match. 

If it is substantial of a return I'm incredibly excited to see him against the likes of AJ but also who will be the new GM and Commisoner of Smackdown after Mania too. 

Two thoughts.  AJ Styles' injury is serious and D Bryan will replace him at Mania.  Or D Bryan will team with Shane at Mania, turn on him, join Owens and Zayn, then as a bad guy he can have matches with AJ and Nakamura in the future.

• Paid Members

Fantastic news. Just keep him away from Sheamus. 

He did say that before he retired, he was working on a new style of wrestling where he wouldn’t take so many risks and was changing stuff up. Let’s hope he does this new style and can have a full time return. 

I only have 2 questions;

1) how do we add him to the Universal Title match? 

And

2) how do we convince Lesnar to go light on him?

Seriously though, New Orleans would implode if for no other reason than ‘why the fuck not?’ they had Vince come out after Reigns wins the title and announce an impromptu Bryan/Reigns match for the title.

I’m fucking buzzing for this. D-Bry/Styles has to happen. And Nakamura. And get them all over to Raw.

Just keep him away from Lesnar, yeah?

Raw spoiler:

if this ends up being a ‘reincarnated’ Bray Wyatt in a Daniel Bryan suit I’ll be fuming..

9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Would he though? He's got a newborn child at home now, and he isn't on TV every week as it is

I think hed bite their arm off if it was being offered. Being able to be away one day a week (two days every 4 weeks) would be no hardship on him.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Sorry to be 'that' guy, but really? After all of this, I hope he's not back completely full-time. Dude damages himself constantly; I think it'd really benefit him if it's at least SOME semblance of a reduced schedule.

That being said, I'm delighted for him that he gets to wrestle again and of course I'm excited about seeing him back in the ring. I'd imagine his first match back is a tag with Shane at 'Mania against KO/Sami but I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing him and The Miz again.

I don't think I conveyed what I meant very well. By, "full time," I meant having proper matches with the new talent rather than safe, Bret-Hart-came-back-after-his-stroke gimmick matches. I'd be shocked if he works any house shows, if I'm honest. He'll definitely be on a reduced schedule.

Whilst the match will almost certainly be KO & Sami vs. Shane and Bryan, the rumour of AJ Styles being injured makes me wonder, imagine if he couldn't compete at Mania and Bryan took his place against Nakamura? Actual goosebumps.

Fucking hell, they can actually do Bryan vs. The Miz! Unbelievably, that's a genuine dream match now!

Didn't he talk on Total Bellas about having invented a whole new style to keep him safe? That'll be interesting to see.

I'm fucking buzzing about this. Pro wrestling is the best.

Meltzer on WOL: "It's been expected for a couple of weeks. Bryan asked Maroon to give him a list of the best concussion experts in the country to visit. He was cleared by University of Michigan Doctors a month ago, then two more. He wasn't cleared today, He's free and clear to wrestle as much as he wants. The plan on Sunday or Monday was for him to tag with Shane at WrestleMania. People knew at RAW last night he was going to be cleared, His brain functions are well above normal for his age. He did get more testing than any pro wrestler or fighter in history and he was passed by everyone. I hope it's for the best. You can't argue with that many doctors in the last 2 years, I did notice when Cody stopped doing the LeBell lock a month or so ago that maybe people knew, and others were aware he had a pretty good chance of being cleared as well. Cody stopping would hint to me he was aware, All In wasn't about Daniel Bryan. There is nothing new on AJ Styles. Hopefully for WrestleMania but that was before he was checked on Monday. Normally if he was cleared the word would be out by now, he was talking about doing a limited schedule. a 60 figure was talked about. But it's too early to know what WWE are doing"

Some news sites are suggesting he’ll be taking the injured AJ Styles place against Nakamura at Mania 

• Paid Members

I can't stop smiling at this news.

It's no exaggeration to say the last time I was proper invested in wrestling was when Daniel Bryan was on top, which got cut short by a couple of terrible injuries. Bryan is incredible and the matches we have lined up in the next few years are endless and no doubt great. AJ, Nakamura, Owens, Zayn, Lesnar, Cena, Reigns, Angle etc.

Bloody shame if the news is true about AJ Styles, like, but Nakamura v Bryan is a dream match of mine for 5 years or so. Never expected it to be for the WWE title.

Although I hope he steps in to give Cena his "Road to Wrestlemania". Much prefer that match to a 'Taker one.

Archived