Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Singer of possibly the most offensive song of all time and my avatar for my efed wrestler. 

Growing up, my dad detested our next door neighbour. He was the youngest and didn’t work or anything, just played dance music really loud. Anyway, the lad was called Jason and my dad went on a rant about how he would have been named after someone from a TV show, and the character was a poof, so he must also be a poof. So yeah, Jason King and people called Jason are poofs. 

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Singer of possibly the most offensive song of all time and my avatar for my efed wrestler. 

It's amazing how in a song called Rape, it's the casual racism that's offensive 

Artist Bob Wakelin has passed away, many won't know his name but you'll likely know of his work, he created the cover art for many many Ocean games in the 80's/90's including the publishers logo.

Just seen that Howard Lew Lewis, who played Elmo in Brush Strokes has died. Will have a kwitch in his honour. Was also in both Maid Marian and the Costner Robin Hood. 

22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just seen that Howard Lew Lewis, who played Elmo in Brush Strokes has died. Will have a kwitch in his honour. Was also in both Maid Marian and the Costner Robin Hood. 

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long time. Good character actor from childhood. 

Country singer-songwriter Lari White sadly lost her battle with cancer.

You may not know the name, but you may recognise her as the lady who bumps into Tom Hanks in the middle of nowhere at the end of Castaway.

One of my all time faves and prior to the illness had been recording and releasing new music after a successful Kickstarter campaign.

(Edit: that's not a new track, just one of my favourites.  Great to smooch to, but maybe not for a little while)

Edited by johnnyboy

On 1/22/2018 at 7:45 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Always think of Elmo when I make gravy; it’ll be tinged with sadness now.

That's fucking devastating. I've spent far too much time listening to The Fall during my lifetime.

He's looked basically dead for 20 years, but still. A true original.

I saw them live a couple of times. His most recent backing band were in the year below me at college. Apart from the keyboard player.

I'll always remember him for this. We used to have it on a CD called "Manchester City 0-ah Blackburn Rovers 0-ah."

On 1/23/2018 at 12:45 AM, Keith Houchen said:

He was in everything in the 80s. Did the voice for Obelix in the "Asterix" series of films too.