2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

Singer of possibly the most offensive song of all time and my avatar for my efed wrestler. 

Growing up, my dad detested our next door neighbour. He was the youngest and didn’t work or anything, just played dance music really loud. Anyway, the lad was called Jason and my dad went on a rant about how he would have been named after someone from a TV show, and the character was a poof, so he must also be a poof. So yeah, Jason King and people called Jason are poofs. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just seen that Howard Lew Lewis, who played Elmo in Brush Strokes has died. Will have a kwitch in his honour. Was also in both Maid Marian and the Costner Robin Hood. 

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long time. Good character actor from childhood. 

• Paid Members
On 1/22/2018 at 7:45 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Just seen that Howard Lew Lewis, who played Elmo in Brush Strokes has died. Will have a kwitch in his honour. Was also in both Maid Marian and the Costner Robin Hood. 

Always think of Elmo when I make gravy; it’ll be tinged with sadness now.

• Paid Members

I saw them live a couple of times. His most recent backing band were in the year below me at college. Apart from the keyboard player.

I'll always remember him for this. We used to have it on a CD called "Manchester City 0-ah Blackburn Rovers 0-ah."

• Paid Members
On 1/23/2018 at 12:45 AM, Keith Houchen said:

He was in everything in the 80s. Did the voice for Obelix in the "Asterix" series of films too.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'll always remember him for this. We used to have it on a CD called "Manchester City 0-ah Blackburn Rovers 0-ah.

I'd have called it "West Ham Utd, 1h", myself.

I knew he'd been unwell last year, and seeing his name trending on Twitter last night I figured it could only possibly have been one thing. Gutting.

Back when I was starting to get bands going, I probably tried to rip off The Fall more than any other. Then heard the Peel Session version of "Blindness" and thought, "what's the point? They've just done everything I've been trying to do".

Fucking brilliant band. Only got to see them live twice, both times brilliant, but at ATP in 2012 counts amongst my favourite gigs ever, just an absolute force of nature. We won't see his like again.

He was in everything in the 80s. Did the voice for Obelix in the "Asterix" series of films too.

Saw this and briefly thought you were referring to Mark E. Smith. I'm going to be picturing him slurring the word "Menhir" all day now.

Archived