Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

Ah cool. I only know about the Longest Johns thing because I played sea of thieves a bunch over the summer during the first lockdown so it came up on my recommendations in YouTube...

Posted
47 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It’s a guy from Airdie who started off the trend on TikTok.

Being a grumpy, coming up for middle aged man, what's the big selling point of Tik Tok? Is it just bellends lip synching things and it's supposed to be funny? Or is there more to it than that? 

Posted
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m a sea shanty hipster. Tiktok is for Johnny Come Latelys. Assassins Creed Black Flag is for the REAL fans. 
 

Those lads were upset about them being a meme. https://thetab.com/uk/2020/06/10/we-spoke-to-the-boys-in-this-picture-and-theyve-had-enough-of-your-jokes-161026

Hah, ‘real’ fans played Sid Meier's Pirates! and spent 3 hours fiddling with their config.sys to get it working beforehand.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Being a grumpy, coming up for middle aged man, what's the big selling point of Tik Tok? Is it just bellends lip synching things and it's supposed to be funny? Or is there more to it than that? 

I asked the young folk in work if tiktok was a bit like Vine and they hadn't a bulls notion what Vine was. At least I didn't ask if it was like Tout I suppose.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Fucking hell. Can't stop watching.

 

“Well, doctor. I was running down the stairs in a towel, slipped on my back, knocked a wall and the recorder rolled off the shelf and fell in there.”

”Sure, sir.”

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 1/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I’m a sea shanty hipster. Tiktok is for Johnny Come Latelys. Assassins Creed Black Flag is for the REAL fans. 

The version of "The Parting Glass" on there is superb. I've borrowed a few twists from that, Cara Dillon's, and Shaun Davey's (the one in the Waking Ned soundtrack) to add to my own when gigging.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The version of "The Parting Glass" on there is superb. I've borrowed a few twists from that, Cara Dillon's, and Shaun Davey's (the one in the Waking Ned soundtrack) to add to my own when gigging.

Leave Her, Johnny Leave Her is a legit banger. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Leave Her, Johnny Leave Her is a legit banger. 

On sea shanty chat, there was a superb compilation album called Rogue's Gallery years back that featured Lou Reed doing this track, as well as contributions from Nick Cave, Bryan Ferry, Eliza Carthy, Loudon Wainwright III, Jarvis Cocker and so on. Unfortunately it's got Sting and Bono on it, but they can't all be hits.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...