General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Tottenham really missed Kane today. Martial & Ashley Young playing 1-2s by the corner flag with 2 minutes plus stoppage time remaining is probably the biggest indication that the Ferguson era is well and truly at an end. A win's a win, though. I couldn't help but feel like Mourinho was trying to play negative football without it looking like he was obviously playing negative football? That goal was well taken, though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Martial & Ashley Young playing 1-2s by the corner flag with 2 minutes plus stoppage time remaining is probably the biggest indication that the Ferguson era is well and truly at an end. 

I would have thought that the three entire seasons of fuck-awful football under Moyes and LvG were much bigger indications of that. Holding onto the ball when we're winning is something we did under Fergie all the time. As was beating Spurs.

We weren't great today but we got the job done. I'm looking forward to having Pogba back, he's massive for us.

• Paid Members

I didn't see the game as I didn't get to bed until 9am this morning but had a feeling we would probably lose today. I don't think United are miles ahead of us or anything, but we rarely get wins at OT and with Kane out our goal threat was much lessened. 

If we lose the Madrid game, I wonder who will be the first pundit out to write us off for every competition going, including the Ashes. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I would have thought that the three entire seasons of fuck-awful football under Moyes and LvG were much bigger indications of that. Holding onto the ball when we're winning is something we did under Fergie all the time. As was beating Spurs.

We weren't great today but we got the job done. I'm looking forward to having Pogba back, he's massive for us.

I always seem to recall United under Ferguson to be relentless attack. If the ball was being held it was more with a view to getting more goals, as opposed to sitting on the lead you already had. Pogba, and to a lesser extent Fellaini's return will be a boost to United's season as well, especially if anything was to happen in City's midfield over Christmas.

Savage will be the first pundit to write Spurs off for the Ashes. I think he's already doubting their chances in the Superbowl.

• Paid Members

We've just won the under 17 world cup, hurrah! England in all youth tournaments this year:

Won: u20 world cup, u17 world cup, Toulon, u19 euros

Runner-up: u17 euros

Semis: u21 euros

That's pretty fucking impressive, we're dominating youth football. Although youth success certainly doesn't guarantee the same at senior level, this can surely bode well for the senior side in the future. In terms of improvement, at the very least. Well done lads.

• Paid Members

Agreed. Players like Foden, Gomes, Sancho and Brewster have looked simply wonderful in that competition.

Really pleased for Morgan Gibbs-White to bag a goal in the final too.

The words that ring with me with that squad during this world cup win, is the fact everyone says they have been 'playing with freedom' and when compared to the mundane dross of the senior squad that seem so hindered by tactics, other players and fear, you just hope the same mentality doesn't settle in these lads.

We cretainly seem to have something with our youth teams don't we

Just have to hope they can continue to progress and actually get a chance in the 1st team of the teams they are with

Not everyone from the u20 or u17 will make it of course but if we can get at least half from each squad playing at the top level we could have a great looking squad around the time the 2026 world Cup come around

Archived