General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yep, that's true. Italy was the birthplace of fascism as a formalised, structured system, so it's not surprising overall that it's still got life over there.

I've been saying for a while that I think the UK, despite its problems, has probably got much better at dealing with hooliganism than a lot of countries in continental Europe have, for one simple reason: we've had the spotlight on us for longer and more intensely. As a result, we've been forced to deal with our problems and develop the know-how to deal with them, whereas those other countries have had less attention, and their hooligans consequently have flown under the radar, so to speak.

5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Yep, that's true. Italy was the birthplace of fascism as a formalised, structured system, so it's not surprising overall that it's still got life over there.

I've been saying for a while that I think the UK, despite its problems, has probably got much better at dealing with hooliganism than a lot of countries in continental Europe have, for one simple reason: we've had the spotlight on us for longer and more intensely. As a result, we've been forced to deal with our problems and develop the know-how to deal with them, whereas those other countries have had less attention, and their hooligans consequently have flown under the radar, so to speak.

Not entirely.  Ultras play a hidden part in the club structure, something that fans here only think they have, I'm looking at you Green Brigade and Trafford Pub Chanters.  When Roberto Carlos signed for Real Madrid, he was invited to a reception dinner and was 'advised' by team mates to attend as it was the ultras hosting it.  I know it sounds shite but check out Danny Dyer's Real Football Factories Abroad, it gives an interesting perspective on how much of a part they play over there.

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Not entirely.  Ultras play a hidden part in the club structure, something that fans here only think they have, I'm looking at you Green Brigade and Trafford Pub Chanters.  When Roberto Carlos signed for Real Madrid, he was invited to a reception dinner and was 'advised' by team mates to attend as it was the ultras hosting it.  I know it sounds shite but check out Danny Dyer's Real Football Factories Abroad, it gives an interesting perspective on how much of a part they play over there.

I did not know this. That's really quite distasteful, that such organisations could be considered a formal part of a club's structure. Given the problems with corruption that Italy and Spain have in their political establishments, I'm (depressingly) not altogether surprised; as long as they're amongst the wealthiest and most significant participants in football, I don't see the issue being addressed any time soon. 

Rangers sack another Manager. 

Not surprised they sacked him, but not sure why they brought him in. Was he ever well regarded? If Warburton was given the money in the summer he would of done a far better job.

Rangers should spend time replacing him so they get someone who can do the job and maybe win the cup at the end of the season. I hope we might see another Old Firm final, last one was league cup 10-11.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Hopefully that Spurs "fan" gets caught and banned for life. What an absolute dimlo 

Some of the people who sit around me are like dinosaurs. Like the guy that lost all his shit because a couple of tourists dared to wear a half and half scarf vs Chelsea. It often seems to be older fans.

@Carbomb Danny Dyer is the absolute bollocks, stop fronting.

Ultra culture is fascinating. My step brother who is Italian and lives in Naples, is a Napoli Ultra (which sounds weird typing it as he is a really well to do IT professional and the most mild mannered guy ever), and the tales he's told me of the Ultras (turning up en masse at training, dictating transfer policy and managerial changes) is mental. But there you go, completely different culture 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

@Carbomb Danny Dyer is the absolute bollocks, stop fronting.

To paraphrase someone on here who had it as their sig for ages: "Danny Dyer is worse than having your cock fall off and try to fuck you in the face."

Archived