General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

He didn't do too badly at Fulham and Real Sociedad, though.

He had one good season at Fulham and thats it, then to be fair his best players all went and they did shit.  Sociedad was an odd one, he started well enough and had an agreement that he had the say in transfers, then turned up to training and there were two guys there who told him they were signed by the chairman.  That was the first he heard, it was to appease the Basque element apparently, so he left.

I do like Cookie though, was a shame it didn't work out with Cov. A really good, honest guy but he was tactically clueless and gave up before he got pushed.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Why would Ancelotti want to manage West Ham, Leicester or Everton? 

He'll probably take over at AC Milan or take the Italy national team job.

Definitely not an English mid table team.

Bloody Koeman thought he was above Everton like.

Silly that people seem to think he's going to a mid-table Premier League team. He's clearly gonna be snapped up by Scotland.

• Paid Members

This is why I haven't been quick to crown City, as others have. They're a very, very good team but we beat them last year when they were on a great run and I'm not convinced that they're this unbeatable super team this year either. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Carbomb said:

He didn't do too badly at Fulham and Real Sociedad, though.

Not doing badly somewhere is hardly a ringing endorsement, though. There's no taking away the great job he did in taking Wales up to 8th in the FIFA World rankings, and the passion he has them playing with. They even kind of proved that it wasn't just because of Gareth Bale.

Wolves have always been one of City's bogey teams. I seem to remember back in before the whole era of City having money that whenever they played Wolves they'd usually come away on the end of a defeat. I can kind of see what Guardiola's trying to get at with the ball, but I would also assume they use a different ball in the Champions' League and they seem to be doing alright with that. What's to stop them training using that ball as well? 

If anything was the happen to De Bruyne I think it could really bugger up City's season. They're by no means a one-man team, but almost everything seems to end up going through him going forward. Sometimes when it gets a bit chilly their players from slightly warmer climates can struggle as well. If they're still flying this high as spring starts then maybe they'll be able to snag the title. Mourinho might start playing slightly more positive football when Pogba returns as well which would also make for an interesting "close season"

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Not doing badly somewhere is hardly a ringing endorsement, though. There's no taking away the great job he did in taking Wales up to 8th in the FIFA World rankings, and the passion he has them playing with. They even kind of proved that it wasn't just because of Gareth Bale.

Oh, certainly. I was just responding to the initial discussion of his club career. Wasn't going to set the world alight, but it did seem like he ended up doing worse because of things outside his control than down to a lack of ability.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

@CleetusVanDammeTo be fair to City, they were playing against a bigger club. Nay- the BIGGEST club.

Anyway, if they had the great Eddie Nketiah up top then they wouldn't have a problem scoring.

That was our 2nd XI. First team would have put 5 past them.

In all seriousness I went last night, sang my heart out and enjoyed one of the best battles of football I've seen in a long time. I've come away exceptionally proud of my team, a feeling Ive not had from a live game for years.

5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

@CleetusVanDammeTo be fair to City, they were playing against a bigger club. Nay- the BIGGEST club.

Anyway, if they had the great Eddie Nketiah up top then they wouldn't have a problem scoring.

As much as I loathe Arsenal, it's always great to see a youth prospect come on, score and have an incredible debut. Must be heartwarming to see someone that came through the Chelsea Arsenal ranks do that. Must be kind of how you feel to see Harry Kane become one of Europes best strikers... (Yes, I'm aware I'll get some downvotes)

As an Irishman, my heart sinks a little more every time a foreigner gets a PL job, knowing that foreign managers never go near Irish players.

This is why Dyche getting the Everton job would be ideal, as Burnley already have half a dozen Irish players, and Everton may sign some/McCarthy may be given more of a chance.

Any Stoke or Burnley fans about, what do ye think of Jon Walters?

Cult hero for Ireland, but I was bloody fuming when he started against Georgia and Serbia despite being nowhere near fit; he did the same thing in the Euros too. 

Think he's a complete liability unless he's playing up front, too.

5 hours ago, Ladiesman345 said:

I'm wondering what club Brendan Rodgers would leave Celtic for. I was thinking Leicester may have been big enough, in terms of transfer funds etc.

I am sure I have said this a few times and this isn't me trolling or on a wind up but do think Arsenal would be a good fit for him. People will of course look at his spell at Liverpool, ask whether he is good enough, can he follow Wenger after 20 years etc. But do think he has it in him to progress at a club like Arsenal and with the system they have in place it almost suits his style as well (attacking, youth set up etc). Even the timing might be right if Wenger were to call it a day in a year or two.

Archived