General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I thought West Ham would do alright. Not great, but a lot better than last season.

As pony has Hart has become, he's better than the journeyman keepers they have and surly brings a wealth of experience and leadership. Zabaleta- similar story. Poundshop Zlatan is good, yet inconsistent. Hernandez is a proficient goalscorer, yet needs service. I don't see Mark 'stealing a living' Noble suddenly becoming the playmaker they need to allow Chicharito to flourish. The squad is so unbalanced.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Everton lose tomorrow Koeman will be gone too methinks. 

West Ham looked woeful last night though and Bilic looked like a dead man walking. The atmosphere in the stadium doesn't help things either, in years gone by Upton Park would be an away trip teams would somewhat feel edgy about as the fans would push the team. The Olympic Stadium just feels soulless. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

If Everton lose tomorrow Koeman will be gone too methinks. 

West Ham looked woeful last night though and Bilic looked like a dead man walking. The atmosphere in the stadium doesn't help things either, in years gone by Upton Park would be an away trip teams would somewhat feel edgy about as the fans would push the team. The Olympic Stadium just feels soulless. 

It's soul less thanks to the team. I went to a game early last season (UEFA cup qualifying) and the atmosphere was electric. Then the game started and the performance was woeful. The only thing that's changed is when a game is not going out way it gets really quiet now which didn't happen in the much more enclosed Upton Park 

It's looking increasingly likely that as a Newcastle fan much of this season is going to swing on Mikel Merino.

I'm genuinely thrilled that he looks a quality player but I'm a bit concerned that he's gonna wind up like Cabaye in that we're not gonna look like a team without him on the pitch.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Also, I don't think I've seen a centre back decline as quickly as Ashley Williams. He's been absolutely diabolical this season. Awful player who they need to drop as soon as.

He's been a great servant to Welsh football, but it looks like his legs have gone overnight. Real shame

• Paid Members

I think I've waxed lyrical before about how much fun the Europa League run was before. It was like watching Sunday Night Heat in about 2003. Players getting game time who you totally forgot were employed.  The number of games, in combo with Rafa's 'name out of the hat' approach to squad selection, was ace.

Rotating Eden Hazard in favour of Benayoun, Frank Lampard playing attacking mid well into his 30's, Paulo bloody Feirera starting. Pointlessly starting Terry in the wrong CB berth. Good stuff.

I have seen most of Everton's Europa League games so have put the performances down to just 'Europa Laziness' but understand Everton fans frustration now.

Just felt like square pegs in round holes in pretty much every position, almost championship manager signings throughout the squad, some gems, some journeyman, some experience. 

Williams seems to have put on some extra stone and can hardly move. I feel sorry for Pickford in goal. 

That being said Arsenal were in the mood today.

Archived