General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

No sympathy for Leicester, a real underdog-face-turned-shitty-heel story. The way they treated Ranieri was disgraceful, and I couldn't believe the sheer ungraciousness and ingratitude so many Leicester fans were showing in the wake of his firing, claiming that he was only finishing the job Nigel Pearson started. Absolute bollocks. Pearson's a good manager, but there was no way he would have won the Premier with that team. Particularly shit when you consider all those fans who were singing his praises to the sky only a few months previously. Worse than the Arsene Out/In Wenger We Trust lot.

This was always going to happen though wasn't it, I predicted this to my Brother when he was appointed Full Time that he wont last the year

The Story has been played out so often

Manger gets sacked, Unproven Caretaker takes over, results suddenly pick up, caretaker becomes permanent manager, results start to slide towards the end of the season, New season starts and the team gets off to a poor start and the Manager is sacked

Happens a lot especially in the lower leagues 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Who?

Not saying it wasn't the case, but I don't remember hearing a single Leicester fan saying that about the Tinkerman.

D'oh! Meant Nigel. 

I read a lot of that stuff on social, and in comments on articles (I know, I know). I guess maybe I'm ascribing too much to a vocal minority, but there were so many coming out with that shit, and so many agreeing with them. Their entire angle seemed to be to credit everyone but Ranieri; as far as they were concerned, LCFC won the Premiership because of the team Pearson built, because of the money that the owners put in, etc. etc.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

When Hereford came out the draw I thought "Here we go" but Telford is close by!

Honestly that Shrews ball came out followed by 66 and I just stood in silence. Knew the next ball out would be 65 and us. Telford is a great tie for us, two phoenix club a home draw and a chance at the second round. 

56 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

LFC won the Premiership because of the team Pearson built, because of the money that the owners put in, etc. etc.

I thought it was because it was their year.  

You're having a mare here, subbed at half time.

EDIT - @Devon Malcolm Guess Leicester decided to drop the dead donkey and go for an Italian stallion.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I thought it was because it was their year.  

You're having a mare here, subbed at half time.

Yeah, not doing well. Think I need to go on loan to the Awards Forum.

• Paid Members

I am so fucking proud of Tottenham tonight. A draw that honestly feels like a win. And we didn't just go and sit behind the ball all night to try and get a 0-0, we had our chances and could conceivably have won. Sissoko and Vertonghen were fantastic. And Winks as well. 

With Dortmund dropping points, what a great night for us. 

7 hours ago, Carbomb said:

D'oh! Meant Nigel. 

I read a lot of that stuff on social, and in comments on articles (I know, I know). I guess maybe I'm ascribing too much to a vocal minority, but there were so many coming out with that shit, and so many agreeing with them. Their entire angle seemed to be to credit everyone but Ranieri; as far as they were concerned, LCFC won the Premiership because of the team Pearson built, because of the money that the owners put in, etc. etc.

I'm not sure about the fans or social media but Pearson did a great job with that Leicester team that I think has been underestimated. I think people forgot how good Leicester looked at the back end of the season they escaped relegation and were playing every team off the park (saw a few games and they were magnificent even in the games they lost), Of course no one could predict they would go on and win the title the following season but the football was similar and in hindsight if you was to watch the games at the back end of the season and the title winning season without knowing the context of the season you would think both sides were quality.

Ranieri added his own touch, experience, calmness & confidence to the team to add that extra sprinkle, but the foundations & make up of that side was Pearson.

Shakespeare leaving is not really a surprise, Leicester will probably adopt the Watford (sometimes Chelsea) model now and just change manager on a year to year basis.

Archived