General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Had this row with my mates on the WhatsApp over lunch with regards to Ancelotti. I said, I'd rather someone like Dyche if they weren't going to give Unsworth a shot and I was told - again - that I had no ambition as a fan and these are a mix of Liverpool, Leed, Man Utd and Spurs. You'd think the Leeds fan would know better, in fairness...

Sure, didn't the Bayern lads take their own training on their own steam because  they felt Ancelotti was lazy and didn't do enough for them?

It's Dyche (or Unsy, if I'm to listen to my heart) for me. I'd be delighted with either of them. I have no notions or concepts above my station and I genuinely believe if Dyche was to take the step sideways, he'd bring a bit of bollocks, bite and guile back to the team, while stabilising it and probably having a few more bob to spend.

Nothing against him but Dyche isn't doing it for me. I love Unsworth of course but I don't reckon Moshiri sold his Arsenal shares and bought the Liver Buildings and all the rest of it to put Rhino in charge.

I don't want Ancelotti. He'd probably do well for us but I just don't like taking on journeymen managers who've already made their name elsewhere.

Would be happy with Tuchel or Marco Silva or someone like that. Someone with enough pedigree to count as a show of ambition, but young enough that they see us as their main means of making their name in the game. Like Pochettino when he went to Spurs.

• Paid Members

Robbie Savage was talking about how he reckons Chris Coleman could probably do a job with a side like Leicester on 606 at the weekend. It's a possibility.

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Robbie Savage was talking about how he reckons Chris Coleman could probably do a job with a side like Leicester on 606 at the weekend. It's a possibility.

He certainly did a job at Coventry, that's for sure.

• Paid Members

This is what I was thinking. I don't remember him doing a whole lot of anything as a club manager. He did great with the Welsh side in the Euros.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Coleman will probably go to Leicester or Everton and Ryan Giggs will get the welsh job. 

[Briefcase was banned by PowerButchi for this post.]

Archived