General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland squad for friendlies.

Goalkeepers: Jordan Archer (Millwall), Craig Gordon (Celtic), David Marshall (Hull City)

Defenders: Callum Paterson (Cardiff City), Kieran Tierney (Celtic), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), Liam Cooper (Leeds Unitd), Paul Hanlon (Hibernian), Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers), Christophe Berra (Hearts)

Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Celtic), Scott Brown (Celtic), Callum McGregor (Celtic), James Forrest (Celtic), Darren Fletcher (Stoke City), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), Ryan Jack (Rangers), John McGinn (Hibernian), Kenny McLean (Aberdeen), Matt Phillips (West Bromwich Albion), Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen), Ryan Christie (Aberdeen* on loan from Celtic)

Forwards: Jason Cummings (Nottingham Forest), Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)

Seem to be giving shots to some players and I hope they give numerous guys a runaround. Would not be surprised to see McGinn, McGregor and Jack get some game time. Only 2 strikers however, seems his view is that if you are not playing reguarly you don't deserve a spot. I find Cummings a strange choice, he hasn't done much at Forest has he?

• Paid Members

Picked up a ticket for Madrid at Wembley tonight. It's a nothing to lose kind of game but still shitting it. I know we drew at their place but we've had a couple bad results in a row now, and confidence is often a big part of our game. If we draw again, I'll be very happy.

1 hour ago, Ladiesman345 said:

What are you talking about? There's four in the squad born in England, three of which were raised there.

I completely skimmed past Archer and Cooper. 

I’d regard Paterson as Scottish though. 

• Paid Members

Shame Bale isn't playing tonight, he would've received a fantastic ovation. Also, has he ever played at Wembley before? League Cup final with Spurs perhaps? His career has really been scuppered by injuries over the past couple of years, poor bugger.

Still, it'll be an interesting job interview for Kane tonight.

21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Shame Bale isn't playing tonight, he would've received a fantastic ovation. Also, has he ever played at Wembley before? League Cup final with Spurs perhaps? His career has really been scuppered by injuries over the past couple of years, poor bugger.

We played Wales in one of the qualifiers recently, it must have been for Euro 2012 as I remember watching it at the hospital just after my daughter was born and that was Sep 5th 2011

Bale might of played in that game at Wembley 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Gaz came on as an extra time sub in our 2009 League Cup final loss to United, and played in that England game.

Agreed that it's a shame, you really do want to see the worlds best players playing and I think he would've got a great reception. Certain Spurs fans (idiots) don't wish him well after he left us as they say he doesn't or didn't love us as he didn't mention the WHL finale until well after the event...lolz. Football fans eh?

I'll ignore that attempted wind up about Kane...

Archived