General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was far too tense to enjoy yesterday as it was happening. Easily could have been the end of Conte if things didn't go right. Hope we stick with 3-5-2 for a while, Kante/Baka/Cesc is a fine midfield, seems to suit Hazard and Morata (what a header!) being fed through the middle and gives the defence ample protection. No idea what's happening with Luiz and don't care, Christensen's classy as fuck. City might be too good but November's far too early to concede the title. Put a run together and see what happens.

And after not shutting up about Matic all season long whenever the subject of United or Chelsea came up, Sky had literally nothing to say about the matter after the game yesterday, funny that. You'd think that would be the most relevant time to talk about it. Certainly far more relevant than Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal which had Souness dropping "this would never have happened if they still had Matic", yet yesterday nothing.

Conte celebrating while Jose stood around waiting to follow the ROH code of honor then completely blanking Emenalo was tremendous!

12 minutes ago, hallicks said:

I feel like their set pieces have got a bit stale. Maybe they could try a different corner? 

Thought about it but it was a Georgie solo single, same reason a Careless Whisper to the media didn't make it.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Has Ancelotti actually said I'm Your Man to them, I know Karren Brady said about Last Christmas that he is Everything She Wants in a manager, gives Freedom to players while keeping the Bad Boys in line. If anyone can take them to The Edge Of Heaven, it's Carlo.

But will he be able to get the young guns to go for it. 

Alan Irvine to West Brom in Summer 2014 springs to mind

Last seen before hired for that job was taking us (Sheffield Wednesday) down to League 1 in 2010 and being fired the January of the following season as we languished in lower mId table of the 3rd tier, his appointment at West Brom came totally out the blue after 3 years away from Management and having never managed in the prem with little credentials to say it was ever going to be anything but a total disaster Hiring for West Brom.

And so it turned out to be, With just 4 wins from 19 league games he was fired on December 30th with the team just above the relegation zone

In doing a bit of checking on the stats of his reign I found out in a fine coincidence he is set to be appointed Moyes no2 at West Ham

What a Glorious time it must be to be a West Ham fan right now          

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post, serious answer this time, Steve Keen at Blackburn. Venkys were fucking nuts as it was sacking Big Sam, who (as usual) did a good job there. But to replace him with that deluded numpty who had no managerial experience was always going to end in tears. He was terrible.

Archived