General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I don't think there's any chance of anyone catching City, Arch. They're just far too formidable going forward and seem to be fine at the back. I'm seriously worried about seeing them finish the season unbeaten.

The battle for top 4 will be more exciting and tighter. United, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool- one of those will miss out. Not even mentioning Arsenal amongst them.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton was saying something about Unsworth not commanding the respect of the players because he looks like a fat P.E teacher or something. That was on Talkshite earlier thiss week, dunno what he's saying on the twitter. 

That's Joey Confucius Barton, one of the most unprofessional players of all time. 

• Paid Members

I was, and still am, hoping the league would have been a bit more competitive than it is at the moment. City sometimes struggle over the Christmas period, and if something was to happen to De Bruyne they might run into some trouble. United could be a different prospect when Pogba and ibrahimovic return, likewise when Ali & Kane are back for Tottenham. Chelsea seemed a lot brighter today as well, apart from those last ten minutes when they just seemed content to clear their lines.

I always hope some ballsy high-flying club owner is willing to call Big Sam's bluff for that time he said he can do the job at a top club but has never had the chance.

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid," said Allardyce. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the Double or the league every time.

"Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time. It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

I think he would have been great for England (statistically he will forever be their most successful manager with his 100% winning record) but unfortunately the media didn't appear to want him there, and now are lumbered with Southgate.

• Paid Members

Love the list of clubs Barton has had and the periods in which he played for them. You basically had to be an absolute mess and fucking desperate to have him on your books. QPR, Newcastle, Rangers. Thank God for mental owners.

Apart from Man City of course, where he spend years talking about how the didnt match his ambition and as soon as he leaves, they get bought out and win a load of trophies. He'd get nowhere near a City side now, but if the thick fucker had a bit of loyalty to them, he could have had a few sympathy years like Mike Phelan and David May had at United as players. Keep him around to get a few medals for not being a pain in the arse.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Love the list of clubs Barton has had and the periods in which he played for them. You basically had to be an absolute mess and fucking desperate to have him on your books. QPR, Newcastle, Rangers. Thank God for mental owners.

Apart from Man City of course, where he spend years talking about how the didnt match his ambition and as soon as he leaves, they get bought out and win a load of trophies. He'd get nowhere near a City side now, but if the thick fucker had a bit of loyalty to them, he could have had a few sympathy years like Mike Phelan and David May had at United as players. Keep him around to get a few medals for not being a pain in the arse.

Barton showed tremendous loyalty to City, to the point that when he played for QPR he got sent off against them in the last game of the season to help them win that league title. I remember that season he got sent off when City were 3-0 down against Spurs at half time in the cup and they managed to come back to win it 4-3 as well. I'm surprised he didn't try and take credit for them both.

• Moderators
On 04/11/2017 at 10:59 PM, Guy Bifkin said:

That fan timed a second half piss to perfection and got involved in the celebrations for the third goal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41785387

A breathtaking display from the Rebels this afternoon.

I still think my greatest ever internet moment is screenshotting you looking like a Boydy behind Chelsea's dugout a few years ago. Joey dear seats.

• Paid Members

Please please PLEASE let Moyes be his replacement. It would be too fucking funny.

Seeing Moyes and Hodgson given new Premier League jobs in 2017 is hilarious. No wonder most clubs look abroad for managers for crying out loud.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

2 wins in 24 games, no ambition to score or attack, its time. Honestly, if you watched wba week in and week out, you would feel the same!

Right now, if we carry on with TP and his "tactics", we will go down anyway

It's 2 in 20 in the league, 3 in 22 in all comps. Don't exaggerate!

• Paid Members

Mind when Moyes was considered a good manager? Seems like ages ago now.

Big Sam is about as safe a bet as you get for a team looking to stay in the league. Doesn't matter if he's not had his gravy that Sunday, he'll "out tactic" most. A shame Everton never got him in the Summer when they had all that cash to throw about.

9 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Same with the Wham job as well

Has Ancelotti actually said I'm Your Man to them, I know Karren Brady said about Last Christmas that he is Everything She Wants in a manager, gives Freedom to players while keeping the Bad Boys in line. If anyone can take them to The Edge Of Heaven, it's Carlo.

Archived