General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/10/2017 at 5:53 PM, PunkStep said:

On the plus side, this competition will finally answer the question we've been asking for years: who are shitter, San Marino or Andorra? Can't wait for that match.

It's worth noting, going back to this, that Andorra were already in the same World Cup qualifying group as the Faroes under the current system.

The Nations League groups won't be drawn until January, but they've announced today who'll be in which division based on the latest rankings. Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic are all in 'League B', Scotland in C.

At least one team from League D will qualify for Euro 2020 proper. I see that Latvia are there, and they managed to qualify for the 16-team Euro 2004 under the old format, so it's not guaranteed to feature a complete also-ran team.

14 hours ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

You have to feel sorry for Switzerland, they won 9 out of 10 matches and they do not qualify automatically which must be a first for any qualification event. 

When you look at the 9 wins it does look impressive but then you would also expect them to beat every team in that group that isn't named Portugal. 

3 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Found it a bit harsh for Strachan to be sacked. Sure he didn't qualify for two tournaments, but we kind of improved a bit.

Some saying Brendan bettered the Scotland team and Strachan was too kind to players who had not performed for club nor country in ages. The thing is I'm not sure he is to blame but I feel that in 2 years this team could be in the Euros. 

Wondering who will be manager some want Moyes, but I don't want that miserable cunt near the team and I think he would charge loads for a bad job. Alex McLeish? Is he even a good manager anymore? Paul Lambert? I remember him doing a pants job with Villa and an okay job with Villa but not sure he is the guy. Derek McInnes, who I think may like to stay safe with Villa. 

I think Robbie Neilson has to be good choice in the future but not right now. 

McCoist said Allardyce should be a contender, I am wondering if someone paid him to say that as a joke. 

Archived