WWE HoF Class of 2017

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

2005 Class was pretty star studded with Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Iron Sheik, Mr Wonderful, jimmy hart and more

2014 Class was very Star studded with Ultimate Warrior, Razor Ramon, Jake The Snake Roberts, Mr.T and others

My personal favourite was 2004 simply for Bobby Heenan's speech. Plus i likes the layout of how it was done back then

I'd say 2005 was more star studded than 2014. They could have inducted Hogan, Piper, the cleaning lady, Rene Goulet, SD Jones and Charlie Minn, and it would still be the most stacked they ever did.

Arguably, they should have held off Piper so he could headline his own induction a year or two later.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume Rude has a widow, I believe two kids. One of them sadly died last year.

He had 3 kids but as you say the youngest of them sadly Died late last year aged just 19 in a Motor Cycle Crash

He was Married till his death so assuming she is still alive and well and isn't in the WWE bad books or vice versa holds the WWE in her bad books I'd Imagine she will be accepting along with his 2 surviving kids

• Paid Members

Cant believe Paul Orndorff got all pissed off because he thought he was going on last at the Hall of Fame that year. I've heard some fucking self believe from wrestling in my time, but fucking hell.

Amazing that they put Hogan and Piper in the same year. I get why they did it, for the WrestleMania I class to all go together, but sounds like they put to many in at the same time that year. Iron Shiek could have probably headlined one year when he got super popular as well. Everyone loves the Shiek.

Orndorff was a massive star that doesn't get his just due just because he didn't have a big PPV singles match with Hogan and it's the PPVs that people remember now. His 1986 run against Hogan did bigger business than Hogan did against any other opponent, including the 65,000 crowd at Toronto. His legacy is also diminished by the fact that he was pretty much done as a top guy due to injuries barely 1 year later and when he came back it was for a mid-card spot in WCW.

Yeah. Obviously that was 4/5 of the Main Event. They inducted Mr T in 2014. They didn't revisit the Celebrity wing until 2006 when William "The Refrigerator" Perry was inducted and it wasn't until 2010 it became a yearly thing with Bob Uecker going in. I agree, Piper would've been a great headliner in his own right.

The Warrior Award has also been announced:

Eric LeGrand, a former standout for the Rutgers University football team-turned-motivational speaker, has been named the recipient of the third annual Warrior Award. The news was first reported by ESPN.com.

Named after WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior, The Warrior Award is presented to an individual who has exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of Ultimate Warrior.

The award will be presented to LeGrand by Dana Warrior, widow of Ultimate Warrior, at the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which will broadcast from Orlando, Florida’s Amway Center live on WWE Network at 8 ET/5 PT on Friday, March 31. USA Network will also broadcast a special presentation of the ceremony on Monday, April 3 at 11 p.m. ET/PT, immediately following Raw.

LeGrand was a key player on the Rutgers University football team, before a spinal cord injury sustained during a game in October 2010 left him paralyzed from the neck down. LeGrand’s tremendous courage and unwavering strength throughout his rehabilitation captured the attention of the nation. He resumed his college classes via Skype and launched his sports broadcasting career as an analyst for Rutgers Football Radio Network. LeGrand founded the charity Team LeGrand of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation in 2013, and is now a highly sought-after motivational speaker. In support of LeGrand’s mission – raising funds for research to find a cure for paralysis and to help improve the quality of life for people with spinal cord injuries – WWE will make a $25,000 donation to Team LeGrand.

“It is an absolute honor to be named the 2017 Warrior Award recipient,” said LeGrand. “I am truly grateful for WWE’s support of my personal journey, and I am proud to continue to be an example of strength for people everywhere.”

“Eric LeGrand has shown incredible perseverance and unwavering positivity throughout his recovery,” said Stephanie McMahon, WWE Chief Brand Officer. “From the work he does helping others with spinal cord injuries to his motivational speaking, Eric is the perfect choice for this prestigious award.”

“Eric LeGrand truly embodies the Warrior spirit with his determination and positive outlook,” said Dana Warrior. “I am honored to present this year’s Warrior Award to Eric at the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.”

Last year, The Warrior Award was presented to Joan Lunden, an award-winning journalist, best-selling author and breast cancer survivor. In 2015, the award was presented for the first time to Connor Michalek, a Pittsburgh native and passionate WWE fan who passed away after battling cancer. In his honor, Connor’s Cure was created as a fund to support pediatric brain and spinal cord cancer research. To date, Connor’s Cure has raised $1 million and assisted more than 100 families around the world.

Cant believe Paul Orndorff got all pissed off because he thought he was going on last at the Hall of Fame that year. I've heard some fucking self believe from wrestling in my time, but fucking hell.

Amazing that they put Hogan and Piper in the same year. I get why they did it, for the WrestleMania I class to all go together, but sounds like they put to many in at the same time that year. Iron Shiek could have probably headlined one year when he got super popular as well. Everyone loves the Shiek.

It would've made more sense to induct Hogan and Piper during WrestleMania 20 weekend in New York a year earlier.  Unless Hogan and Vince weren't speaking during 2004.

After all the tagline was 'Where it all begins again'

The Kris Travis Warrior Award Campaign page on Facebook has said WWE did contact them in regards to it late last year and they say they did discuss the possibility, but it wasn't to be in the end. However, they did say they wouldn't rule out anything in the future although they have since said after discussions with family, they won't campaign for next year's.

It would've made more sense to induct Hogan and Piper during WrestleMania 20 weekend in New York a year earlier.  Unless Hogan and Vince weren't speaking during 2004.

After all the tagline was 'Where it all begins again'

2005 technically was the 20th anniversary of the 1st Mania so I guess it makes sense to do the the big Mania 1 theme in 2005 over 2004. The 2004 class is much more a class for guys who had their big runs pre-Mania as well (Hammer,Tito,JYD and Slaughter)

Archived