WWE HoF Class of 2017

mikehoncho

She was prominent in that time, albeit a time when the womens division did absolutely nothing of note that I can remember. But she was only there for six years with nothing of prominence before of after. I thought she might be the hard worker they could get their hands on who wasn't a typical Diva Search girl or who isn't active anymore. Who else have they got on the women's side that fits into the category right now? Luna...not sure if she is in but dead. Rhonda Singh...joke character in WWE, Chyna...speaks for itself, Sable, Torrie, Stacey are not really fitting for what they were trying to portray right now. But then I remembered we still have at least Ivory, Molly, Jazz and Victoria who in my opinion deserve a spot if Beth Pheonix does but they are not married to a former World Champion who can draw money on the network and the occasional non wrestling appearance.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who broke the news this time? Horse & Hound, Viz, The Lady magazine?

About as 'meh' as you can get really. She's married to Edge, right?

The tweet announcing it said: "As first reported by USA Today..."  :rolleyes:

I know there's a quota of how many dead people they induct every year, but seeing that Savage is in and Luger does some work with the WWE, you'd have thought the major hurdles would have been jumped by now.

The general exception is if they put a tag team/stable in alongside the posthumous one who have at least one deceased member. Big Boss Man and The Freebirds last year for example.

• Paid Members

If which WWE Superstar has had his dick in you is the measuring stick for who goes in the Hall of Fame then Debra or Michelle McCool are more deserving. Beth Phoenix is arguably now the least deserving person in there. At least people remember Koko B Ware.

If which WWE Superstar has had his dick in you is the measuring stick for who goes in the Hall of Fame then Debra or Michelle McCool are more deserving. Beth Phoenix is arguably now the least deserving person in there. At least people remember Koko B Ware.

Ah, but who was dicking Koko?

• Paid Members

There's nothing wrong with Beth Phoenix. They always want a woman in there. The major ones are in apart from the ones with reputations they don't want to touch currently. The rest are all fairly indistinguishable. Phoenix is modern era, she's got a decent highlight reel and she looks good. She's ticking plenty of boxes. We're going to get all sorts of women with similar reps for the next few years until they've got some of this current crop ready to worship.

• Paid Members

Beth Phoenix is arguably now the least deserving person in there. At least people remember Koko B Ware.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Koko B Ware always gets a bad rap for his Hall of Fame spot, but he was a staple of the red hot late 80s and early 90's WWF. I'd still argue that James Dudley should always be the yardstick though. There were a few questionables in the mid 90's HOF ceremonies when they were trying to push Ernie Ladd and Fred Blassie as the biggest stars of all time after they'd fallen out with Bruno and Billy Graham. 

Why not Abdullah? He's had that lawsuit where he infected a guy with hepatitis and he had to retire because of it. Think there's been a few allegations of him sharing blades and he's not very popular with many in general. Mind you, It is odd how Billy Graham publicly lambasted WWE for inducting him and demanding his name be removed from it, yet I think he is quoted as commenting on him favourably. I say why not? So many inductees haven't even wrestled for WWE, never mind held a major Heavyweight Championship. All these guys deserve some recognition too. Makes sense to pad out the classes in a unique way and generally honour a good mix of guys every year.

• Paid Members

I could be wrong, but I'm sure every wrestler in the WWE Hall of Fame has at least wrestled for them, even if they weren't memorable or integral to their careers. That said, I can see them inducting Abby at some point.

Archived