WWE HoF Class of 2017

mikehoncho

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KJHenley said:

Nash blowing a kiss to DDP had me howling.

Really enjoyed the event overall, was great to see Angle back.

Yeah man, that was great; DDP is just all-over natural charisma.  How emotional was he?!?!

1 hour ago, Arthur B. Funky said:

Evan Ginzburg (associate producer, The Wrestler) has slated Beth Phoenix's speech; seems he has some support.  And he's pissed that Ivan Koloff wasn't in the legacy wing.

Why? What's his fucking problem?

As for Koloff, do they really want him going in as a footnote? Surely they'd prefer he got a proper induction.

• Paid Members

Ginzburg is on my Facebook (I'm going to delete him) he does nothing but praise indie and slag off Wwe. His opinion of the Miz is crazy ( he can't work, never had more than a three star match ect) but he loves Bruno and Ivan Koloff. I know who id rather watch

12 hours ago, Sir Steve Redgrave said:

Never heard of him.

He used to do a podcast on the Who's Slamming Who network like 10 years ago. Think he might of been a reccuring guest on Figure Four Daily in 2006/2007 when Alvarez used to do daily F4D shows. From what I remember of him he is one of those old school WWWF type guys who is super into 60s/70s stuff.

By the end of Beth's speech, I think I was in love with her. Just a lovely, funny, beautiful woman. Great to hear her thanking names you wouldn't realise helped so much.

Rick Rude Junior is a charismatic sumbitch. Perfect commemorative speech. Got the gimmick out of the way early to pay tribute to the man. Wonderful.

Rock'n'Rolls were doddery. Gibson looked like a shaven Bill Bailey. Cornette was loud. APA might've been entertaining themselves and the boys but I found JBL obnoxious and Simmons bland and disjointed.

Sadly, Kurt's speech left me cold. A load of prop moments with too much dead time and telling everyone how great he was. The gold nugget in there though was his advice about character moments over work rate (ironic considering his post-ECW serious wrestler attitude). I hope the current and future generation took note.

MVP, both of the night and in life, was DDP. An absolute hero in every sense. Genuine but charismatic, funny but honest, determined but humble. It saddens me that stories from before WWE was the only game in town, when guys could call their own matches and try out crazy shit, are going to be fewer and further between. The Dusty and Savage impressions were sublime. DDP 4 LIFE.

I've known Evan since about 1999, & met him once or twice in NY.  But I can't really say that he's been as vitriolic as this in SO many years.  He is completely down on the WWE product, barring Nakamura & 205Live.  I get his love for the nostalgia though, as his old fanzine used to be excellent (I was a subscriber).  His personal friendships with some of the legends may be colouring his outlook IMO.

• Paid Members

I've called him on his hatred of the Miz a few times. I love his nostalgia  pieces I just hate his views on the modern product and the fact that he really feels Wwe should produce wrestling and nothing more are so antiquated

Archived