WWE HoF Class of 2017

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

I saw your sig and with the position of wrestlers on the covers and thought your magazine was called steel hair and about wrestlers with good hair. Bit disappointed tbh

Spin off in the works. Also Steel Air.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, how long has it been since Easy E has been at a WWE event? 12 years or so?

Wikipedia says December 2007.

That would have been around the time they were doing the RAW 15th Anniversary stuff wouldn't it? I want to say that he did some promo with Jericho, who had just come back with the Save_Us_Y2J vignettes a month or so earlier

Wow, how long has it been since Easy E has been at a WWE event? 12 years or so?

Wikipedia says December 2007.

That would have been around the time they were doing the RAW 15th Anniversary stuff wouldn't it? I want to say that he did some promo with Jericho, who had just come back with the Save_Us_Y2J vignettes a month or so earlier

Yeah December 2007 was when they held the 15th Anniversary. Was there a reason they didn't hold the 15th anniversary in January 2008. I believe that RAW was also Hogan's last appearance in the WWE until his return in 2014.

They are doing something called The Legacy Award this year and giving it to a bunch of people most of which had their influence prior to the creation of the WWWF in 1963. Surprised it took them until 2017 to give some sort of honor to Toots Mondt given how influential he was to the company in the 60s. Was there some sort of issues between him and the company or something.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rikidozan-among-2017-wwe-legacy-award-hall-fame-inductees-232401

• Paid Members

They are doing something called The Legacy Award this year and giving it to a bunch of people most of which had their influence prior to the creation of the WWWF in 1963. Surprised it took them until 2017 to give some sort of honor to Toots Mondt given how influential he was to the company in the 60s. Was there some sort of issues between him and the company or something.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rikidozan-among-2017-wwe-legacy-award-hall-fame-inductees-232401

They've been doing it since last year. Lou Thesz and others were put in through that.

They've been doing it since last year. Lou Thesz and others were put in through that.

Really. I must of missed that since I have no recollection of them doing such a thing last year.

• Paid Members

Natalya to induct Beth Phoenix. That's your piss break/kettle boiling time sorted

It'll be a Kleenex & lube segment for some.

What is it about fully clothed women stood at a lecturn that does it for you?

• Paid Members

Really. I must of missed that since I have no recollection of them doing such a thing last year.

Neither did I until a couple of months ago when I said to my friend that Lou Thesz still hasn't been put in and he told me about the legacy awards from last year.

Neither did I until a couple of months ago when I said to my friend that Lou Thesz still hasn't been put in and he told me about the legacy awards from last year.

Well good to see they are finally acknowledging history prior to 1963. I guess they are trying to extend the names they can put in now since they would have to be running out of names from 1984 onward.

• Awards Moderator

Well good to see they are finally acknowledging history prior to 1963. I guess they are trying to extend the names they can put in now since they would have to be running out of names from 1984 onward.

Yeah, I remember the legacy bit from last year - I think people like Hackenschmidt and Strangler Lewis and so on went in as well, though I don't think they have their own section on the HOF website yet. It's a good way to give the early pioneers a bit of recognition if they're not able to devote half an hour of telly to each of them.

They are doing something called The Legacy Award this year and giving it to a bunch of people most of which had their influence prior to the creation of the WWWF in 1963. Surprised it took them until 2017 to give some sort of honor to Toots Mondt given how influential he was to the company in the 60s. Was there some sort of issues between him and the company or something.http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rikidozan-among-2017-wwe-legacy-award-hall-fame-inductees-232401

Yeah, I remember the legacy bit from last year - I think people like Hackenschmidt and Strangler Lewis and so on went in as well, though I don't think they have their own section on the HOF website yet. It's a good way to give the early pioneers a bit of recognition if they're not able to devote half an hour of telly to each of them.

Yeah. They didn't make much of a fuss with it. It was a bit of a last minute addition because most people only found out via the HOF Inductees shirt at Axxess. From the looks of things, I'm guessing they're giving the Celebrity Wing a rest this year unless they announce it on Raw.

Archived