WWE HoF Class of 2017

mikehoncho

• Paid Members

Bob Barker is arguably the best celebrity they've ever had. Never seen someone take like a duck to water like that before. Mr T drew the most money and Cyndi Lauper had a hand in putting them on the map, and of course Tyson helped set the business on fire again, but for rewatch value Double B is tremendous.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they ever gonna induct Jim Johnston? So many iconic themes made in the 90s alone - as far as non wrestlers go I can't think of anybody more deserving.

Johnston would've been a good fit for the award that Warrior proposed before WWE spun his words into something else entirely after his death.

• Paid Members

Dustin could have been a decent shout to induct Rude as well, since they had a feud over the US title. Hell, even Sting would have been a good call but Steamboat is top of that list. Who'd accept on his behalf though? It would have been great if he'd still been here to give a speech and run through his lines again, because you know he'd still be able to show all those fat, out of shape channel flipping couch potatoes what a real man is supposed to look like.

2005 Class was pretty star studded with Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Iron Sheik, Mr Wonderful, jimmy hart and more

2014 Class was very Star studded with Ultimate Warrior, Razor Ramon, Jake The Snake Roberts, Mr.T and others

My personal favourite was 2004 simply for Bobby Heenan's speech. Plus i likes the layout of how it was done back then

• Paid Members

No idea who will accept for Rude. I'm not sure they will want to drag put Heenan. Maybe a Dangerous Alliance connection? Heyman did manage him for a bit and bring him in to ECW I guess.

I wouldn't be shocked if they got Austin actually. They where together in the Dangerous Alliance and Austin seems to think highly of him

Jim Johnston is seen as back-office staff, despite the status he affords in the company as the music man.  If they put him in, then it's be open season for anyone in the E.  I personally know a superb guitarist that goes in & does session work with Jim, & is always saying how much of a genius the guy is, but wants to stay away from the limelight for the most part.

Archived