Didn't even have to use my AK (minor annoyances)

Gus Mears

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm so conscious of the fact eating an apple is an overly unpleasant noise to overhear I cut mine into slices to prevent it.

My consideration is rewarded by being labeled a posh poof.

People not saying "Please" or "Thank You". I know these are minor annoyances in the scheme of things but it annoys me. I might not look like a particularly happy looking chap, but when I say "please" and "thank you", I actually mean it. 

Letting people across a Zebra Crossing who do not even acknowledge or say thank you infuriates me. 

• Paid Members

People not saying "Please" or "Thank You". I know these are minor annoyances in the scheme of things but it annoys me. I might not look like a particularly happy looking chap, but when I say "please" and "thank you", I actually mean it. 

Letting people across a Zebra Crossing who do not even acknowledge or say thank you infuriates me. 

In fairness, you have to legally stop to let people across the road at zebra crossing,so there is no reason they should thank you really. I agree at non-zebra crossings people should at least wave to say thank you and it's annoying when they don't, but not at a zebra. 

In fairness, you have to legally stop to let people across the road at zebra crossing,so there is no reason they should thank you really. I agree at non-zebra crossings people should at least wave to say thank you and it's annoying when they don't, but not at a zebra. 

Technically a car does not have to stop until someone steps onto the crossing, so the part where someone is waiting to cross and I stop to let them across without a thank you is very frustrating. 

• Moderators

To jump in on the zebra crossing debate. Even though legally you have to stop if I'm the pedestrian I always make a point of a wee hand signal or wave. Just a wee bit off politeness

I will wave or not based on a snap judgement of whether they seemed to be reluctantly or begrudgingly stopping for me or not.

• Paid Members

Another zebra crossing one - people who press the fucking button even if they have already seen you or someone else press it or they can see it's lit up. Just absolute scum.

I never say thank you for people letting me across a zebra crossing though, what is that about? You've got a car, you're getting to where you're going faster than I am. I'll say thank you at a pelican crossing but zebra crossing? Sod off.

I don't drive so when in that pedestrian situation, I almost forget that cars aren't robots and there's a person inside. I'll do a pissweak gesture with one little finger and under no circumstances look directly at the driver

It's totally different when I'm not showed courtesy by a driver who doesn't indicate or something, I'll be like "YOU FUCKING IDIOT! YOU SHOULD BE IN JAIL! YOU FUCKING CRETIN!" and then dust myself down as the other people at the crossing are looking at me weirdly.

The button re-pressers really get on my tits as well. The thing glows to show you it's been pressed!

by the way that spinach pie on the other page looks lush just to add my 2 cents

Archived