Didn't even have to use my AK (minor annoyances)

Gus Mears

Roundabouts. People that don't even bother indicating on them, that use the outside lane to go all the way round and people who wait until there isn't even a car in sight before going onto it whilst your waiting there behind knowing there are gaps.

Re indicating I'm at a point now where I just want to go onto the roundabout right in front of somebody if they can't be bothered to indicate. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The end of yesterday nearly fell into this category — I was knackered, and hoping for an early night, whilst also wanting to try out my new pizza cutter. We had a 5-7pm delivery from Amazon Fresh scheduled, but at 7pm they emailed to say that a technical error meant deliveries might be 3 hours late. We ordered in a (cracking) takeaway pizza, garlic knots, and zeppole, and the delivery finally showed up at 9:30, but it was just a courier, not a real Amazon bloke. He handed over some bags and went downstairs to get the rest, and when I was taking the shopping out I found out that a jar of salsa had smashed in the bag and ruined a bunch of things. Then the bloke came back, stinking of shit, and told me he wasn't taking any of the rubbish with him (they normally take the empty insulated bags, and any blocks of ice that came with them) — I think he had second thoughts when he saw the mess he'd made of the delivery, and took it all off in a huff, inadvertently taking a big tub of coffee ice cream with him.

Turned out okay in the end, though — Amazon refunded the whole cost of the delivery even though we only lost about 10%, so we're just getting the same stuff delivered tomorrow morning, and all it cost is an apartment that smells faintly of salsa, and me having to wipe my arse with napkins because the toilet paper was a salsa casualty.

Today brought my mum throwing out a casually racist gem: when I told her the Nottingham Post said that a travelers' camp was going up near to her, she said "me no rikey pikeys". Which was amusing, and a damning indictment of her upbringing on episodes of Mind Your Language.

• Paid Members

Woke up this morning to find one of my sheep has worked another fucking opening in the fence.

Whats really annoying is all 4 different holes in the last few weeks they have managed are all on the half the fencer done. Professional my cock

• Paid Members

Woke up this morning to find one of my sheep has worked another fucking opening in the fence.

Whats really annoying is all 4 different holes in the last few weeks they have managed are all on the half the fencer done. Professional my cock escaped through the last fence he did. Chicken wire, my arse.

Finished your comment for you.

• Paid Members

What is acceptable to eat at your desk at work? I'm currently munching through salad and chicken drumsticks. Now gnawing on bone is surely beyond the pale, but I'm using a knife and fork to avoid looking like a total caveman. That's surely OK?

• Paid Members

What is acceptable to eat at your desk at work? I'm currently munching through salad and chicken drumsticks. Now gnawing on bone is surely beyond the pale, but I'm using a knife and fork to avoid looking like a total caveman. That's surely OK?

That's perfectly fine. I've eaten cooked chicken thighs in sauce at my desk & looked like a fucking animal, getting through napkins like Larry David. Depends if you're in an open plan environment though I guess?

• Paid Members

It's your desk, boss — I have fried chicken and ribs all the time, the reasoning being that if Sheila can eat sardine curry, there are no barriers.

You're an animal. I'd take a shit in your lunchbox if I had to sit next to this barbarity on a regular basis.

• Paid Members

What's spinach pie when it's at home? Is it literally spinach wrapped in pastry? That seems a touch pointless; "Well, I need to be healthy, so I've got this broccoli which I've maple glazed and bunged a load of marshmallows on.".

Archived