Didn't even have to use my AK (minor annoyances)

Gus Mears

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A work related one from me

In the canteen we have Coffee and Sugar dispensers, the Sugar one broke a few months back and hasn't been fixed since so the Sugar is now in a bowl on the side next to the Coffee dispenser

Now everytime I go to put Sugar in my tea it always has bits of Coffee granules mixed in, I can only assume when people dispense Coffee granules, bits of it don't make the cup and fall into the Sugar bowl

For some that's fine but for me I can not stand the taste of Coffee, even the slightest bit of Coffee and the tea is ruined, I always move the Sugar further away yet when I next go in its back right underneath where the Coffee comes out only now with even more coffee mixed it.

Also when someone uses the Same spoon to make themselves a Coffee and someone else (namely me) a Tea.

Just No, if I wanted to taste Coffee I'd have had a Coffee.

Whoever is doing that is an ignorant so and so.

• Paid Members

I think we can all agree that dickish behaviour transcends any particular nationality.

Back on topic - Anyone who mixes their knives, spoons and forks in a drawer. Seperate compartments! Seperate bloody compartments!

My mum just takes the cutlery thing from the dishwasher and upends it into the cutlery drawer, water and food bits and all. I think that's part of the reason for her bad marriage

I think we can all agree that dickish behaviour transcends any particular nationality.

Back on topic - Anyone who mixes their knives, spoons and forks in a drawer. Seperate compartments! Seperate bloody compartments!

My mum just takes the cutlery thing from the dishwasher and upends it into the cutlery drawer, water and food bits and all. I think that's part of the reason for her bad marriage

I'm surprised she has a marriage at all with that kind of behaviour. 

• Paid Members

It's traumatic to go back into the arguments I've had with my mum and dishwasher related stuff. It's like she has a reverence for its capabilities, and total disregard for it at the same time. Plates facing upwards, unrinsed in the top. Plates stacked on top of each other, so the bottom one has no opportunity to get clean. Napkins thrown in along with the plates, so dirt-trap cleaning muggins here finds a hard plug of paper blocking the whole apparatus. Plates too big for the bottom shelf stuck in anyway, so that the blade had no opportunity to circulate the water. On many, many occasions I've observed her opening it the minimum possible amount, and just throwing cutlery in there, and when it's pointed out, she has spat in my direction "Well, we're not all absolutely FUCKING PERFECT!". She's drunk every night, of course. I could go on, but I won't, because now my day is ruined.

Oh, one extra bit. I've never seen her empty it in the morning, she'll just run it again. And say that it hadn't cleaned the dishes. Wonder why. 

I'm not a fusspot at all.. christ, I'm not even particularly hygienic in all honesty, but just the thought of this is making me boke

• Awards Moderator

That's... barbaric.

In other dishwasher gripes, I can't stand it when people take dirty items to the kitchen and put them next to the not-full dishwasher. It creates another job for someone (i.e. me).

• Paid Members

People who put dirty dishes in the sink, so they accumulate gunk and disgusting brown water. They should all be killed post-haste. I wretch on the rare occasion I have to reach in and pull that stuff out to start the washing process. Either wash it immediately, or leave it on the side like a rational human being, you parade of utter fucking toss-pots. 

• Paid Members

People who put dirty dishes in the sink, so they accumulate gunk and disgusting brown water. They should all be killed post-haste. I wretch on the rare occasion I have to reach in and pull that stuff out to start the washing process. Either wash it immediately, or leave it on the side like a rational human being, you parade of utter fucking toss-pots.

My girlfriend is the worst for this. I'll ask her why this stuff's in the sink and she'll say "I was letting it soak." It's been a day, woman!

I'm still thinking about the cutlery draw thing... I'd have to take cutlery out of my life entirely if that was my household, not even using a plate again. I'll just live on shit from Greggs

• Paid Members

My dad will make a huge song and dance of getting every last dish from round the house, demanding you go and get any cups that may have been used ( loud enough so my mum can hear that he's filling the dishwasher) he will then fill it, push the door to and walk away. Never turning it on. My mum will then come home from work 8 hours later, open the dishwasher and angrily ask why it hasn't been on. This has happened every day for at least 20 years.

Archived