Minor PPVs that don't deserve a thread *Spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

nia Jax literally killed a woman

Learn what this word means or stop using it.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah I watched a full show in 45 mins or so, there wasn't anything to set your world alight but the main event was going to deliver because Cody is trying to be a champion who puts in a shift and Logan is such a entity with no right to be as good and solid that he is so much credit to him.

The intercontinental match was enjoyable, nia Jax literally killed a woman in their but it's Saudi they wouldn't have blinked twice jesus Christ I wouldn't take that off the woman who injures on the reg and doesn't have the ability to pull anything to make it safe.

Randy Vs Gunther was alright not a fan of the finish 

The crowd totally thought they were getting drew Vs priest made me chuckle 

Not a single swearword. Well done. You cunt. 

39 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Not a single swearword. Well done. You cunt. 

A reminder that if he makes it to the end of the year without swearing on here, I'll donate money to a charity of his choice.

I need you to all to forget ACAB rules and grass for me 😆

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

So Drew doesn’t win it in Glasgow?

Do not want.

I don't think he does.

It's the logical next step for his character to be robbed of that moment, by an impish CM Punk no less.

If he wins, I don't even know what happens to his character or that feud. Drew is just... happy and contented with his lot in life?

CM Punk getting lynched by a bunch of Glaswegians, please.

5 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

nia Jax literally killed a woman in their but it's Saudi they wouldn't have blinked twice jesus Christ I wouldn't take that off the woman who injures on the reg and doesn't have the ability to pull anything to make it safe.

I mean she's injured some people with some moves but she does a fair amount of safe moves in between. So that's probably a bit of an exaggeration. Not as much as suggesting she killed someone but still.

I enjoyed this interview from beyond the grave.

It's been nice to see them get behind her pretty quickly. And not just have that rubbish undefeated streak thing they often do with new or called up talents. She's been proving herself and you don't have to win every match to do that.

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

On the anniversary of Owen dying in the ring as well. How many more Jaxidents have to happen before she is safely behind bars. 

Safely? According to Foggy she doesn't do ANYTHING safe. She'd probably break the bars.

• Paid Members

For someone who definitely doesn’t want to be onscreen, Hunter must have hated how much he had to be on this show. If only they had some fictional General Managers who could do these types of presentations and announcements. I can’t imagine Aldis or Pearce could have done a worse job announcing Drew vs. Priest for Clash at the Castle. Trips looked like an absolute wally announcing it like that, as if it was happening there and then, only for the actual date and location to get thunderous boos. Nice one, Paul.

McIntyre getting the title shot in Glasgow is interesting. I guess they switch the belt to a huge reaction, leading to Drew vs. Punk for the title at Summerslam? They wouldn’t chop his bollocks off yet again, would they? After all he’s done to build himself back up since the last Clash at the Castle? Ban Tyson Fury from the building. No karaoke allowed.

I suspect people will argue it makes Priest look like shit if he just loses the belt back to Drew after such a lacklustre reign, but who cares. Priest is shit either way. It’s been lacklustre because he’s lacklustre. He’s a failed experiment. Fuck off back to the mid-card and let the real stars fight for the belt, finally making it worthwhile.

It was a mostly nothing, empty-calorie show that you can get just as much out of by reading the results and watching the Twitter clips.

Orton vs. Gunther and Cody vs. Logan were fun enough matches, but nothing I’d go out of my way to see.

Fair play to Gunther though. Some guys just get it. Boy knows the score. That crown was going nowhere near his head. Lifting it like a trophy felt a hundred times more prestigious than doing the daft cosplay. I know he said, “World Heavyweight Champion,” in the moment, but I fully expect he’ll be facing Cody for the WWE Ttitle at Summerslam. Cody vs. Gunther and Drew vs. Punk is a cracking double header.

That finish to the Nia match was incredible. Between that, and that amazing table spot in the Becky match leading into Wrestlemania, this is probably the best work of Nia’s career. Finally feels like something of a spectacle. She’s a great choice for an early title defence for Bayley. A solid Kane.

Liv Morgan is shit. She’s always been shit. Much like Priest, it feels like she’s gonna do nothing of note until she drops the belt to the real star when Rhea gets back.

I’ve seen a few people suggesting that they took the belt off Becky Lynch because her contact is due. I don’t buy it. It always felt like they were going to switch the belt here, giving Liv something substantial to do rather than just immediately win it once Rhea vacated. It did make me wonder though; is there a chance that Rebecca Knox is All Elite? I’d be up for it. She’s done everything she could ever possibly do in WWE. She’s stale as fuck, going in circles. Jumping over and going on a Copeland-style run of fresh, exciting opponents could be the best thing for her career. You assume Mercedes getting that big bag won’t have gone unnoticed. Working one day a week and potentially wrestling only a few times a month must be tempting when you’ve got a young kid, too. All whilst potentially helping the industry as a whole. She must be at least considering it. She’d be silly not to.

Just don’t bring Seth. Please. No thanks. Never. No.

I don't think Priest is shit. I just don't think they've done enough to elevate him to a believable champion at all. The failed cash ins mostly just made him look stupid and there wasn't much in the way of having him step up and look like a serious threat at any point. He's a decent enough mid card talent who could probably be built up to the next level but it'd take time and effort. He doesn't really have much of a character to invest in.

Speaking of which, at least a lot of people do seem to care about Liv so I'm not totally against her as champ. She's not someone I'm that into myself but she definitely has a strong fanbase.