WWE SummerSlam 2016

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

My GOD that and the pre-show was a slog to get through. 6 hours is too fucking long for anything, let alone current WWE.

The hell are you watching it for then? If you don't love "current WWE" then why on earth would you try and watch six hours of it? Fucking idiotic.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

PWInsider reporting that Finn Balor has fucked his arm and that it might be serious and he may need surgery.

I did notice him respond poorly to the powerbomb against the barricade, he looked in real bother.

Tiger Rick might get his wish, they may have to hotshot the belt on to Seth.

It's a real shame for Finn if true.

Ha ha. That's the, ha ha, worst news I've, ha ha, heard since Rollins, ha ha, was announced in the, ha ha, title match in the first place.

Ha ha.

• Paid Members

Seems Sasha has a legit back injury and she's been removed from upcoming shows which may explain the not shorting if she needs time off. That and Finn injured if true could really just shit all over the momentum RAW has tried to build as it goes against the NFL in coming weeks.

My GOD that and the pre-show was a slog to get through. 6 hours is too fucking long for anything, let alone current WWE.

The hell are you watching it for then? If you don't love "current WWE" then why on earth would you try and watch six hours of it? Fucking idiotic.

Alright, calm ya tits! Geez, I never said I dont enjoy current WWE I'm just saying it was a long slog (which it was).

• Paid Members

I cant believe more hasn't been said about Charlotte dropping Sasha in the corner. One of the sloppiest things I've ever seen in a high profile match. My heart was beating out of my chest during that corner Razor's Edge spot, wouldn't have been crazy for Sasha to get dropped again.

I'm surprised they did two dodgy finishes in the Main and US title match. I figured someone was coming out at the end but it just ended. Weak.

Also please stop losing hours of your life on pre shows chaps. Has there ever been anything interesting on any of them? Ever? I hate sitting through that worthless panel shit they do in the middle, I'm not watching an hour of it before the ppv even starts!

• Paid Members

All I watched was the AJ/Cena match and the last match because I thought Goldberg was going to show up. Everything I just skipped. Just got no interest in the main roster much these days outside of a few guys. Seeing fat arse Foley stumbling about like like a young Uncle Albert and a McMahon setting up his next big match at the end of the PPV isnt going to drag me back anytime soon.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, Brock doesnt know how to not MMA, does he? I was wincing as he dumped Orton through the tables and my misses actually sat there and said, "They're not supposed to really hurt each other, are they?" as Brock layed a elbow into Orton that Jon Jones would have winced at.

Really enjoyed Cena/Styles and was pleasantly surprised they went with Fin.

Skipped most of the rest. Ambrose has fallen off a cliff for me completely. Not arsed at all anymore. On the other side, Jericho and Owens are fucking brilliant together. Superb stuff.

PPV's should not be 4 hours. Not unless there's a seriously entertaining interlude booked to break up the matches. Like a REALLY good band for 15 minutes or something. I just can't stay up that late anymore for wrestling. Not when the network allows me to pick up from wherever the next day. I forgot the pre-show was two hours (thank god!) and didn't pay much attention for the two matches on offer.

Was there anything of high entertainment value on the pre-show? Usually something funny happens.

I managed two hours last night but i figured I'd check the rest out today but boy was it a slog. I have to pause after every match for a break. It wasn't ordered very well i thought. To have those four matches altogether at the end was lunacy. Thank god for the quickness of Reigns and Rusev.

I don't like tag matches much. Womens title was great no surprise, I'd usually shit at Apollo but, Maryse, Cena/Styles was excellent - surprising result, fuck the other tag match. I think Ambrose/Ziggler might be my least favourite match of the year. Just awful everyone getting all their shit in as quick as poss with little selling and Dolph went down with little fight after that promo. Womens tag was fun, Intergalactic title was flat, Reigns/Rusev was needed.

But my oh my, Lesnar gets me hard. When I saw we only had 15 minutes left I guessed we were in for a WCW PPV main event. And really that's what we got. But when you end it like that. Lesnar starts throwing legit looking elbows. Surely you'll open him up? 

Oh. That's no juice job. Brilliant. He did the same thing in 10 seconds to Cena at Extreme Rules 2012. It was awesome then aswell. Rematch!

I'm up for Brock/Shane. Shane can elbow drop Brock through some tables off great heights. They can bring back the glass entranceway from KOTR 2001 and Brock can murder Shane infront of his kids. It'll be better than the 'Taker match.

So very up and down PPV but it usually plays better a second time somewhere down the line when the expectation is gone and you're less tired.

I might add this is how I would have hoped Joe/Nakamura had played out with the blood stoppage via an illegal bell shot and elbows to follow up, setting up a rematch that Joe wouldn't also have to lose.

Just seen the ziggler Miz KFC advert. Give ziggler a head knock and have him wrestle as an old man for a few months who has seen the error of his over bumping ways,and just does head locks and armbars to avoid bumping

I thought it was a decent show overall but I must admit I'm getting a bit tired of Lesnar's schtick now. The unique special attraction matches that he had for most of his return seem to have been permanently replaced by underwhelming matches that are either far too short or protect him to the detriment of everything else. Either one of those happened with the Rollins/Taker/Ambrose feuds at one point or another and now this Orton one. It's not even the TKO ending I have that a problem with but couldn't the match have lasted a bit longer before they went there? It lasted 10 minutes FFS, and half of that was the usual suplex fare. I was hoping for something more along the lines of the original Cena match but I guess it wasn't to be.

Ambrose/Ziggler was pretty underwhelming too. The crowd was dead after all that had come before which didn't help but after the really good buildup, the match was just an average filler title defence for Ambrose before he (I assume) moves onto Styles.

But enough of the moaning, there was still plenty of good stuff. Styles/Cena was a cracker with the right winner, Balor beating Rollins was a nice surprise, Sasha/Charlotte was really good and I didn't have a problem with the Reigns/Rusev stuff either considering we saw them have a long match on RAW and the card was stacked enough at it was.

Did it look to anyone else like Orton was being dead weight for Lesnars German Suplexes? At times it actually looked like they were fighting each other.

YES! Totally, the first five or six Germans looked really slow and no height, looked like Lesnar was having to all the work, the last couple looked like normal Brock Gernans but the first batch looked like Randy wasn't helping

Archived