WWE SummerSlam 2016

tiger_rick

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm far more excited by a *spoiler*match than anything sting did. He has an aura I have never felt from sting. Even as an older guy, he's still a believable bad ass.

That's seriously scraping the barrell. He's almost 50. His big run was 18 years ago and it's not like a Sting where there's a curiosity about seeing him in WWE, we saw him and that match 12 years ago.

I get that match didn't go well for outside reasons but I can't see it not being terrible in 2016 too. If they go with him as the next big Lesnar opponent, that's just ridiculous.

Not saying Goldberg should be the next person to fight Lesnar, but

who should Lesnar's next opponent be?

Let lesnar bang with Samoa Joe or Nakamura assuming they get called up by mania. They'll beat the tar out of each other.

failing that keep Strowman strong smashing jobbers and a strong rumble showing and then face off with lesnar. 2 proper beasts right there could be a good mania attraction.

That's seriously scraping the barrell. He's almost 50. His big run was 18 years ago and it's not like a Sting where there's a curiosity about seeing him in WWE, we saw him and that match 12 years ago.

I get that match didn't go well for outside reasons but I can't see it not being terrible in 2016 too. If they go with him as the next big Lesnar opponent, that's just ridiculous.

Not saying Goldberg should be the next person to fight Lesnar, but

who should Lesnar's next opponent be?

Let lesnar bang with Samoa Joe or Nakamura assuming they get called up by mania. They'll beat the tar out of each other.

failing that keep Strowman strong smashing jobbers and a strong rumble showing and then face off with lesnar. 2 proper beasts right there could be a good mania attraction.

Rusev vs. Lesnar is where I'd go. The dynamic would be pretty interesting, and they couldn't go down the stereotypical patriotic route seeing as Brock sees himself as a Canadian now. Plus the Lana vs. Heyman interactions could be interesting. Heyman would be a lot smarter in his arguments than just saying "you're a mail order bride lol".

It'd take some doing to get Rusev where they need him to be. I reckon he needs to smash through Roman tonight (or take the DQ win and smash through him at the next PPV), probably work towards Undertaker at Survivor Series where he gets Taker passing out and losing, Rusev has a really good showing in the Rumble and eliminates Brock (clean as a whistle) but then spends the next month and a bit bragging about he's now the beast of the WWE and really goad Brock to fight him. Have Heyman try to reason with him about how this isn't a smart business move to fight him straight away and then have Heyman sweet talk Lana into putting together "the Wrestlemania Money Match" with Brock vs. Rusev.

I have no words. Totally unexpected finish in 2016 PG era WWE. Randy needs to stop taking blading tips from Ric Flair, unless that was Harley Race style hardways eyebrow split.

EDIT: Part of me feels the finish was intended to be...unclear, the rumours going in were HHH and Vince were debating who went over. But would be very happy to see Lesnar "suspended indefinitely" and take a good six to 9 months off. He's a one trick pony, albeit a very violent and effective one, and he's heading for the glue factory.

"Give Balor and Rollins a chance!"

*spends whole match crying that the belt is red*

Not sure what to make of any of the event to be honest. AJ beating Cena clean was a surprise, now that he isn't just another guy who goes 1-2 against Cena, surely the WWE Championship is next up for him?

None of the other matches really got out of 1st gear. Lesnar/Orton was a huge let down.

And fuck Reigns and Rusev screwing me out of a £150 accumulator.

It really is difficult to understand why they insist on building Lesnar. 

The only intriguing thing for me coming out of the show is where do they go with Cena now. Hoping its towards a retirement match with the Undertaker.   Hope to see the belt on Styles before its too late too. 

• Paid Members

Didn't see a lot of the matches because my internet was being a twat. Was like watching a p2p download in 2000.

Surprised by some finishes. Pleasantly in most cases. Stunned by Charlotte over Sasha. All that time waiting for Sasha's big run and this is it? Wellness violation? That would be ironic if Charlotte is OK given she looks like Chyna in 1999!

AJ needed to win. That was the right move and the post-match stuff from Cena was very intriguing. Praying he's not going anywhere. He's at the top of his game.

Balor beating Rollins was fantastic. I don't care if Balor isn't all we thought he'd be, he's a billion times better than Rollins. The belt was shit.

Main event was great, finish different and aftermath good.

The opening was hot as fuck. Enzo & Cass are the highlight of the company.

Show could have done with been a couple of matches fewer and it would have been brilliant.

Archived