WWE SummerSlam 2016

tiger_rick

The hole in Ortons head would suggest that wasn't a blade job? In which case, are we to think that finish was ad libbed?

Or, was it just a terrible fucking blade job and he just dug a hole in his head for the love of the game?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lesnar took his gloves off to pound him so I'd think that was either the plan to cut him open hardway or they improvised because Randy lost his blade or something? Either way, it looked fucking brutal so job done.

The crowd reaction to Balor/Rollins was weird. But that's what happens when you do about 9 hours of TV where neither man explains what the ugly new title means to them. And it was coming after 5 hours of live action. You want a better crowd reaction for that? Do the title reveal on Raw and do the demon reveal at the PPV.

Unsafe and unnecessary elbows from Lesnar. They've insisted on building an MMA psychopath who goes over all their guys with this style though. I do so wish he would fuck off back to his coors light and real fights and stop crudding up my entertaining fake wrestling with boring, no fun angles. He sucks.

After last night, I think we can safely say we're in the territory of 'Finn Balor has been given one of the, if not THE, biggest pushes in WWE history' and, I don't quite get it.

I'm a fan of his, and have always thought he'd be a terrific addition to the upper midcard, or even main event (over time). But, he's in a new league of pushes and I'm not sure he's quite that good. I'm used to WWE giving the benefit of the doubt to people who maybe lack in one area, yet Balor seems to lack the size of even average sized wrestlers like Seth, and lacks the connection/charisma/X Factor of people like Eddie, Benoit or Bryan.

He's good. I'm just not sure I understand why they've chosen him, with his limitations (and in his 30's) to strap the super-duper rocket boosters too.

After last night, I think we can safely say we're in the territory of 'Finn Balor has been given one of the, if not THE, biggest pushes in WWE history' and, I don't quite get it.

I'm a fan of his, and have always thought he'd be a terrific addition to the upper midcard, or even main event (over time). But, he's in a new league of pushes and I'm not sure he's quite that good. I'm used to WWE giving the benefit of the doubt to people who maybe lack in one area, yet Balor seems to lack the size of even average sized wrestlers like Seth, and lacks the connection/charisma/X Factor of people like Eddie, Benoit or Bryan.

He's good. I'm just not sure I understand why they've chosen him, with his limitations (and in his 30's) to strap the super-duper rocket boosters too.

Agreed. I'm a fan too and I really don't see it. Having two brands probably gives them more breathing room to test this sort of stuff out though. And after the constant pushing of Roman against the crowd reactions I can't really do anything but commend them for doing this weird action first, questions later booking of him that's superseded the speed of Angle and Lesnar's rise to the top of the main rosters.  

Even if he has to drop the title to somebody sooner rather than later it'll be a fresh matchup. Even though it hasn't strictly been the case at all I feel like I've been watching the three Shield guys fight over the belt for a decade.

I wonder how and when Roman: Try 3 will go down if the crowd doesn't catch on with Finn.

There's a very close-up picture of Orton's head. It's a bit graphic so I've spoiler tagged it:

YcPsEn4.jpg

Yeah... blade job they said. I don't think so!

After attending an Attack! Pro Wrestling show last night I rushed home to watch Summerslam, I watched 5 matches (inc the pre-show), had a few hours nap and still woke up in time for the main event.

Watched it all live. And nxt before it. Will never do that again. It's just too much! everything blends into the same thing after so long and I become numb to it all. Only the attempted murder of randy Orton shook me out of my haze.

Archived