WWE SummerSlam 2016

tiger_rick

If the finish was unplanned then fair enough but if they wanted a stoppage all along then they can get stuffed.

Honestly up until the finish the match was a monumental bore anyway. The Brock aura is gone.

A non match and a stoppage in the final two matches left me feeling pretty cold to what was a pretty grand show up until that point. Hope Orton isn't seriously hurt.

Shane McMahon needs fucking off.

Edit

Oh and simply giving the WWE Title belt a new paint job isn't the best way to establish a new brand Title.

AJ Vs. Cena was match of the night for me.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, that clearly isn't a blade job.

Was the planned finish still what we got, minus blood? Or was there a whole other finish planned that Brocks pointy elbows ruined?

I'm gonna say it was the planned finish except Brock wasn't supposed to bust him hard way, or at least not that badly. Orton used to be a bleeder so I wouldn't be surprised if the nutter let him do it and just got more than he expected.

If things had gone massively wrong I doubt even Lesnar would have carried on going back in for more when Randy was down. If someone is potentially hurt you don't make a decision like that on the fly. Looked like he was pulling the punches a lot more after the blood as well, which leads me to believe he was just following the script.

Could this possibly lead into a Raw vs SmackDown big rivalry match at Survivor Series already? With Brock trying to wipe out one of SmackDown's main guys? Hence Shane getting involved?

Shane vs Brock. There's no other 'stars' left for Brock. Just super shooter Shane McMahon.

What a Ppv.

Very up and down with some head scratching decisions.

Aj vs cena was incredible, since watching total divas I have a new found love for John.

Roman vs russev (why just why was this even on the card if that was the plan)

Lesnar vs Randal was boring but the finish was brutal and entirely uncalled for. I hate the pg era but this is the road wwe have chosen so they can't deviate so drastically from pg to 18

All in all 6/10 show for me

I'd imagine a kayfabe suspension for Lesnar on Raw tonight. Hopefully Heyman is on.

They probably will but it doesn't make sense. Lesnar destroyed a big star from the rival brand then took out the owner of that brand who his boss is supposed to hate. Why would Steph punish Brock when she should be happy with his actions?

Is she going to suspend him for hitting someone too hard? Or for twatting her brother who returned to get her out of power?

I hate the pg era but this is the road wwe have chosen so they can't deviate so drastically from pg to 18

One of the finest examples of "you can't please some people" I've seen to date.

"Board of Directors" innit

Lazy and unimaginative, so they will probably go for it. Perhaps this could be the start of tension between Foley and Steph as she wants to reward and he wants to punish.

Would make sense if Steph wants to only put Brock against members of the opposite brand though in order to protect her guys and damage the competition. So that automatically writes Brock off until the next cross promotional event when Shane has to pick someone to seek revenge on his behalf

• Paid Members

After last night, I think we can safely say we're in the territory of 'Finn Balor has been given one of the, if not THE, biggest pushes in WWE history' and, I don't quite get it.

I'm a fan of his, and have always thought he'd be a terrific addition to the upper midcard, or even main event (over time). But, he's in a new league of pushes and I'm not sure he's quite that good. I'm used to WWE giving the benefit of the doubt to people who maybe lack in one area, yet Balor seems to lack the size of even average sized wrestlers like Seth, and lacks the connection/charisma/X Factor of people like Eddie, Benoit or Bryan.

He's good. I'm just not sure I understand why they've chosen him, with his limitations (and in his 30's) to strap the super-duper rocket boosters too.

Agreed. I'm a fan too and I really don't see it.

Shut up, you pair of cunts! They'll hear you and put the belt on Rollins!

• Paid Members

On Brock vs. Shane - I'm not convinced it was anything other than an angle to show what a lunatic Brock is and how little fuck he gives about anyone. However I'd be up for Brock vs. Shane. I'm no fan of Shane-o but he does take a good kick-in and as Brock's MO is to beat the fuck out of people a non-wrestler is perfect fodder.

If it is to set-up anything, It's probably a Lesnar appearance on the "Smackdown only" Backlash on 11th September which would be a very smart move.

Decent show overall, but like so many times in recent memory, questionable booking. Cena vs Styles was easily match of the night, one of the better matches I've seen this year. I like Balor but the push doesn't feel organic, not sure what they see in him above certain other talent, but good for him and nice to see a fresh face in the mix. That Universal title though. It might be acceptable as a midcard belt, but as the main title on the flagship show? Come off it. That's the design they should have used for Eva Marie when she gets the women's strap, not a fucking world title.

Lesnar matches are all the same these days, I half expected him to blade for no reason. I get that he's money, but having the same dull match over and over is gonna hurt his stock sooner rather than later. And did they seriously use the main event of the second biggest show of the year to set up Brock vs Shane O'Mac? Fucking hell.

Archived