WWE SummerSlam 2016

tiger_rick

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any idea how long this is going to run for? need to try and work out if i will have to take a few hours off work tomorrow or not to make it home in time to watch it all in one go 

It's scheduled to go for four hours but going by the past couple of months PPV's, I would say somewhere between 4h15 & 4h30

Something special has to happen at the end of Summerslam doesn't it? I just don't see them ending the show with Lesnar walking up the ramp after the victory.

I used to think like that but 90% of WWE PPVs do tend to just end that way now. Cant see anything major happening.

• Paid Members

That's seriously scraping the barrell. He's almost 50. His big run was 18 years ago and it's not like a Sting where there's a curiosity about seeing him in WWE, we saw him and that match 12 years ago.

I get that match didn't go well for outside reasons but I can't see it not being terrible in 2016 too. If they go with him as the next big Lesnar opponent, that's just ridiculous.

That's seriously scraping the barrell. He's almost 50. His big run was 18 years ago and it's not like a Sting where there's a curiosity about seeing him in WWE, we saw him and that match 12 years ago.

I get that match didn't go well for outside reasons but I can't see it not being terrible in 2016 too. If they go with him as the next big Lesnar opponent, that's just ridiculous.

Not saying Goldberg should be the next person to fight Lesnar, but

who should Lesnar's next opponent be?

Great write up Rick. Would be nice to have them each month if you enjoy writing them.

Haven't watched much WWE this year but there's a good big fight feel to Lesnar vs Orton. Add that to the buzz around NXT and the UFC event and it's a brilliant weekend for MMA/wrestling.

Hopefully this run can kickstart Orton being entertaining again for the first time in forever, it'd be nice to think this can give him some much needed motivation.

Archived