Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Are American painkillers more hardcore than here? I know when I megafucked my leg I just got 30/500 Co-codomol and 300mg ibuprofen.

When I went door-to-teeth with a car last month, the doctor prescribed me as much oxycodone as necessary (12 pills, don't remember the strength) with a refill if necessary.
Hillbilly heroin for a split lip? Suppose that's a knock on effect on the Pharma culture of America. I remember just after I did my knee, like 4 hours or so and was still in majors in A&E and they took me off Morphine there and put me back on just gas and air they said "painkillers are only to take the edge of it off."

Obviously massively different culture there as there is money in it

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Yeah, it has a scene, that's about it. There are far more female promotions than in the west, and SOME of them draw a bigger crowd than your average Shimmer show SOMETIMES. It's a decent gig in that thinking about some of the fairly average workers from the UK and the States that have got booked for a few tours over there, she'd be presented as the biggest foreign star in years, but she wouldn't exactly be padding the retirement fund.

• Paid Members

Are American painkillers more hardcore than here? I know when I megafucked my leg I just got 30/500 Co-codomol and 300mg ibuprofen.

When I went door-to-teeth with a car last month, the doctor prescribed me as much oxycodone as necessary (12 pills, don't remember the strength) with a refill if necessary.
Hillbilly heroin for a split lip? Suppose that's a knock on effect on the Pharma culture of America. I remember just after I did my knee, like 4 hours or so and was still in majors in A&E and they took me off Morphine there and put me back on just gas and air they said "painkillers are only to take the edge of it off."

Obviously massively different culture there as there is money in it

Massively different pharma culture & a completely different doctor/patient relationship. When I started working in pharma a colleague told me to watch 'The Oxycontin Express' documentary on youtube, massive eye opener!

If I go to the docs & they tell me I don't need a prescription then I deem that as a win. In the US, because prescription drugs are advertised on TV you have the situation where a patient asks/tells the doctor what drugs they'd like. If you went to your GP asking for Oxycontin you'd be suspected as a smackhead immediately.

Has there been any major health issues since its been put into place or any thats slipped through the net with severe consequences?

Genuinely a discussion point.

Benoit for one.

Since the Wellness was brought in I meant? I didn't think it was around that long?

It was around for 18 months by the time Benoit died. And he had a T:E ratio of 59:1 when autopsied. If the Wellness policy wasn't a joke at the time, he should have been caught & suspended - but he wasn't. Anything above a 6:1 ratio is a failed test.

Also, 11 of the early Wellness Policy suspensions came for the government investigation of Signature Pharmacy, not from drug test failures. So these guys were using and either not being tested, or passing the tests. Not much of a policy.

It's a lot more serious now, but in the earlier years it was a joke.

:thumbsup: Cheers. Didn't know any of that, I assumed it was brought in after his death, my memory is shit.

It was brought in after Eddie Gurerro's death in 2005, so by the time it properly got off the ground will have been early 2006, so your looking at it being in place for a good 18 months or so before Benoit got a bit murdery

• Moderators

It was brought in after Eddie Gurerro's death in 2005, so by the time it properly got off the ground will have been early 2006, so your looking at it being in place for a good 18 months or so before Benoit got a bit murdery

The announcement to the roster was livestreamed too, in some odd attempt at transparency, with everyone packed into the lockerrooms and Vince going over the new rules. First one to stick his hand up was Kurt, who asked if prescription pills were going to be allowed. He was gone 6 months later.