Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

More bad news, Ryan Satin posted this from the Orlando Police:

"The report is not available because it is still an open investigation. But what I can tell you is that OPD detectives have found that probable cause exists to charge Saraya Bevis with Battery (Domestic Violence) Detectives have sent the information to the State Attorney's Office for review and the SAO will determine whether to file charges in the case."

She'll get immediately sacked from WWE if she's charged.

• Paid Members

Is she a US citizen yet or is she still working on a VISA? If she's on a VISA and gets charged I can't see that being good for her getting it renewed in the future. 

Edited by chokeout

Things must be different over in the US, the idea of a woman getting charged for domestic violence is almost ludicrous in Australia. Same with sexual assault and things of that nature.

Good to see that there's some equality in the States, even with the shitbag of a President that they have.

(I should point out that I like Paige more than Del Rio, but if it turns out she was slapping him about... I mean Del Rio would be crucified if he beat Paige. I hate the general "brush it off/be a man" mentality towards woman-on-man domestic violence)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Things must be different over in the US, the idea of a woman getting charged for domestic violence is almost ludicrous in Australia. Same with sexual assault and things of that nature.

Why does that not surprise me?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Why does that not surprise me?

It's as if saying that means it's ok when it clearly isn't. If what has been said previously about Del Rio is correct, it would be unfair for her to be charged when he got away with it. To be honest I just want to leave him. I honestly think her getting fired and moving back to the UK is this best thing for her. I have seen no evidence that she is able to look after herself safely and worried of what could happen to her. Maybe she was too young (emotionally) to go to America on her own? 

• Paid Members

Maybe she was too young (emotionally) to go to America on her own?

I don't think any of us are in a position to know that but it wouldn't surprise me. How old was she? 19? 20? Most people that age still haven't got their heads screwed on straight and worked themselves out yet, you throw in moving to a new country on your own to spend all your time with the fucking mental cases and sleazebags wrestling attracts with the added madness of joining the weird isolated WWE fantasy land where you spend your days hanging around with people you watched on TV for decades...I don't know how anyone wouldn't end up a bit of a mess and making dumb decisions.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I don't think any of us are in a position to know that but it wouldn't surprise me. How old was she? 19? 20? Most people that age still haven't got their heads screwed on straight and worked themselves out yet, you throw in moving to a new country on your own to spend all your time with the fucking mental cases and sleazebags wrestling attracts with the added madness of joining the weird isolated WWE fantasy land where you spend your days hanging around with people you watched on TV for decades...I don't know how anyone wouldn't end up a bit of a mess and making dumb decisions.

I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part in it. Throw in the "Olympic Village" type atmosphere around NXT and the Performance Centre, where you have all these people living in very close proximity to one another, often with not much of a life outside of training and wrestling.

I vaguely remember at the time that Paige was in FCW/NXT, there was talk that WWE didn't want to call her up until she was 21 because they didn't want her on the road before she was legally allowed to drink. It's bonkers to imagine having to live that life, and work that schedule, at that sort of age.

• Paid Members

Is there a reason why her family isn't over there and pulling her out of this situation before it all blows up? Because it's going to come to a head - it's just a matter of when. There won't be a happy ending with the Paige/Del Rio relationship. The time to act is now - not when it's too late & then say "I should have done something".

On the flipside, she's an adult who can do what she wants - so what can they do? Abduct her? It's a fucked situation. Ricky must be pulling his hair out. Either that or planning an angle out of it so he can sell an extra 50 tickets to a community hall show in Norwich.

Edited by herbie747