Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I know I've said a few things in the past for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of you, Ricky, but I sincerely hope your girl is OK, gets well and gets her career moving again.

Pretty sure he doesn't need your say-so to "at least try something."

I understand feeling frustrated as a bystander watching it unfold in this thread, but it's a very delicate situation for any family and you don't know what they've tried and what they haven't.

So a little less condescension about their inaction, please. All these complications mean it ain't in fact so easy.

It's not that easy at all, she's an adult and may be seeing things in rose tinted glasses. Ricky can not force her to leave Alberto. If he was to "try something" as you say that may push Paige further away and course resention. It's an horrible situation Ricky. I had a friend who was in an abusive relationship (more mental than physical). There family could not really intervene as my friend seemed besotted. However over time things started to click that things wasn't right and they left the relationship, that's were family come in to pick up the pieces and get them back on there feet. They admit that family intervention at the time wouldn't have made difference other than cause more friction between them. I just hope Paige sees sense soon for her own and family's sake. 

Was going to say really, it's tougher than it looks to intervene. Paige seems absolutely fiercely independent and I suppose would resist any kind of intervention. Add to the mix people with conflicting interests/agendas in Paige's career spilling over into her personal life pulling her one way or the other, and you have an extremely messy situation where it's tough enough for Paige to understand what her own best interests truly are let alone for a family intervention to work.

I know I speak for everyone on here in that we really, really hope for a positive outcome, it's just overcoming the quandary of how you get there that must be tough on the whole Knight family.

10 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Pretty sure he doesn't need your say-so to "at least try something."

I understand feeling frustrated as a bystander watching it unfold in this thread, but it's a very delicate situation for any family and you don't know what they've tried and what they haven't.

So a little less condescension about their inaction, please. All these complications mean it ain't in fact so easy.

True, excuse my ignorance, wasn't thinking clearly. didn't mean to be a nuisance and lash out like that

My apologies especially to Ricky

Edited by 2144

Thanks everybody it really is a delicate situation tbh two of the family have flown over in the last few months but Paige is an adult now and makes her own choices right or wrong we as a family will always be here we cannot force her to do anything I am sure things will get better once she gets medical clearance 

• Paid Members

Hope so. She's not the first to have demons, and people do have short memories in wrestling. Its not like she cant bounce back from this. Paige isnt like a random diva who gets fired and you never see again. WWE's aware of how marketable she is and people like her look, her story and willingly ignore her shortcomings because she's so over. People in wrestling like a good comeback story.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Hope so. She's not the first to have demons, and people do have short memories in wrestling. Its not like she cant bounce back from this. Paige isnt like a random diva who gets fired and you never see again. WWE's aware of how marketable she is and people like her look, her story and willingly ignore her shortcomings because she's so over. People in wrestling like a good comeback story.

I know exactly what you did there. 

On 21/07/2017 at 6:15 AM, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Things must be different over in the US, the idea of a woman getting charged for domestic violence is almost ludicrous in Australia. Same with sexual assault and things of that nature.

Good to see that there's some equality in the States, even with the shitbag of a President that they have.

(I should point out that I like Paige more than Del Rio, but if it turns out she was slapping him about... I mean Del Rio would be crucified if he beat Paige. I hate the general "brush it off/be a man" mentality towards woman-on-man domestic violence)

There is more male victims domestic abuse than you would think, although not nearly as many men are victims as women. Men usually deal with it mentaly where as women deal with both on a heavy amount, although there are still men who get hit by their partners. In London it is about 1/3 male victims and 2/3 female. Apparently last year about 30 men commited suicide or were killed from domestic violence and 2 women a week in England and Wales. See the figures here https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/datasets/domesticabuseinenglandandwalesdatatool

What is happening to Paige is sad. She is very young so may well be naive but as she is young she still has time to bounce back. She is an adult so will decide to make decisions (whether wrong or right) and will not necessarily listen to her family. I know in my early 20s I had more of that style of thinking than I did now in my 30s. It is good to see family going over to see her and also fans caring. I hope she sees it as people worrying rather than attacking her, but I can understand why she may see it as the latter.

Earlier I am sure I saw Ricky saying he wished he hadn't let her go. He shouldn't think that. In wrestling you can often only get 1 big shot, I think in women's wrestling that is certainly the case and especially 5 years ago. Back then Americans didn't give a fuck about the British scene and who would have thought you would see a UK title, so many brits in New Japan and a couple in GFW Impact. She had a chance at her dream, what parent would not encourage, I know I probably would have. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but her family should not feel guilty for sending her.