Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know either person, and I'm not going to assume anything. Judging just from what has gone public, the pattern of behaviour with Del Rio for the last year is obviously alarming, and she isn't helping herself either. As much as I would love to agree with Herb's take entirely (and for the most part I do), there is a part of it that I'm just not sure about.

Usually in an abusive relationship, when the victim lies to cover for a partner, it's out of fear. Fear for the reprecussions. What will happen next, I hope that's somewhat fair to say. In this case, she's outright screaming at him that she wants to be away, wants him out of her life, etc. Wasn't it only a week ago that he broke it off with her? As much as her words in the audio are alarming, it's also unfair to dismiss him saying that she's the one that hit him. There's no way to know if she's lying out of fear or because she's trying to protect herself professionally. Maybe both.

Not taking anything he says as gospel here either - that'd be foolish given his pattern of behaviour, I just feel...I don't know. Unfair or uncomfortable aren't the right words, but without knowing more (and none of us do) something about calling her the victim feels wrong - this is clearly a volatile situation with two people who are both contributing to it in some way. It's always been dramatic, almost dating back to the start with that weird incident last year when the authorities were called to an incident the day of a PPV (Summerslam?) between then and they clearly were lying then to cover it up.

If she is of the belief that he is a physical threat and that being with him is a problem, then she needs to get out right fucking now. I don't want to use it as a parallel, but I'm sure many are thinking it - that wrinkle in the Benoit incident that Nancy had told her neighbour Holly that is anything happens to her, Chris is the one to investigate, is all too fresh in my mind with that situation going around the last couple of weeks.

• Paid Members

13 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

something about calling her the victim feels wrong

Sure. But if she's screaming that she wants to get away from him and then ends up defending him a few hours later (clearly lying as to what really happened) - then she is a victim (for want of a better word) in a volatile (and potentially violent) relationship.

Paige: "Just stay out of my life. Leave me the f*ck alone. I’m trying to get away from you."

Del Rio gets in fights (or trouble) wherever he goes, so he is a physical threat to Paige IMO, and they are constantly fighting & breaking up, then getting back together, then getting engaged, breaking up, being seen out in public intoxicated, etc. It's clearly a volatile relationship if it makes the news every week! 
Now we don't know if he does (or has) hit her at all etc - so I'm not saying that has happened - we don't know. But I'm not naive enough to think that there's not a very high possibility of it turning down that road. He was in jail in Austria recently for assault. And no matter how you want to frame it, he is physically stronger than her & known for fighting (whether MMA, or on the street, or getting "mugged"). So it's not hyperbole to say he's a violent person or attracts violence through his actions. Trouble seems to find him (or vice versa).

I just hope she gets out okay. He's a cunt from all public accounts. I feel sorry for Paige, and the Knights must be pulling their hair out.

Zak Knight has posted this on Facebook:

I've got too say I'm very worried about my sister, Please keep a eye on her, she had one Prick Known as brad Maddox who took advantage of an 18 year old girl. Physically and mentally abused her. And now she's with a control freak who think he's a tough guy cause he's beats my sister and has money too cover his tracks..I love my sister she will end up like Whitney Houston or Amy Winehouse ....please share this,,I want the world to know that i care about my lil sister.....everyone keep an eye on her ...you'll be argry at me but I love you, I'm writing this on behalf of all the Knights.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Audio out. Seems Paige was lying on twitter for her man and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why

http://amp.tmz.com/2017/07/10/alberto-del-rio-paige-fight-audio-domestic-investigation

He's toxic. Heavily suspected there was something amiss in that relationship ever since that video of him "playfully" grabbing Paige by the throat when she supposedly had a neck injury. Hopefully she gets far away from him soon and Jarrett stops pushing him

I was just coming into this thread to mention that throat grabbing. Even before these more recent reports I remember being haunted by that footage. I can't imagine ever "playfully," grabbing my wife like that, and she doesn't require neck surgery like Paige did.

He seems like a terrible human being.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Zak Knight has posted this on Facebook:

I've got too say I'm very worried about my sister, Please keep a eye on her, she had one Prick Known as brad Maddox who took advantage of an 18 year old girl. Physically and mentally abused her. And now she's with a control freak who think he's a tough guy cause he's beats my sister and has money too cover his tracks..I love my sister she will end up like Whitney Houston or Amy Winehouse ....please share this,,I want the world to know that i care about my lil sister.....everyone keep an eye on her ...you'll be argry at me but I love you, I'm writing this on behalf of all the Knights.

I saw that too. Very sad

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Didn't the Knights use all of this press for an angle in their company a few months back?

Yeah, pretty classless either way. If this is all a work for the sake of selling 20 extra tickets to a show, then it's classless. And if it's real and they used it as an angle, it's also classless.

1 hour ago, herbie747 said:

Sure. But if she's screaming that she wants to get away from him and then ends up defending him a few hours later (clearly lying as to what really happened) - then she is a victim (for want of a better word) in a volatile (and potentially violent) relationship.

Paige: "Just stay out of my life. Leave me the f*ck alone. I’m trying to get away from you."

Del Rio gets in fights (or trouble) wherever he goes, so he is a physical threat to Paige IMO, and they are constantly fighting & breaking up, then getting back together, then getting engaged, breaking up, being seen out in public intoxicated, etc. It's clearly a volatile relationship if it makes the news every week! 
Now we don't know if he does (or has) hit her at all etc - so I'm not saying that has happened - we don't know. But I'm not naive enough to think that there's not a very high possibility of it turning down that road. He was in jail in Austria recently for assault. And no matter how you want to frame it, he is physically stronger than her & known for fighting (whether MMA, or on the street, or getting "mugged"). So it's not hyperbole to say he's a violent person or attracts violence through his actions. Trouble seems to find him (or vice versa).

I just hope she gets out okay. He's a cunt from all public accounts. I feel sorry for Paige, and the Knights must be pulling their hair out.

Yeah, agree with all of this. If what Zak said is true (which I didn't see before the last post), then I have no problem considering her the victim, and repeat my feeling that she needs to just get the hell away, and now. Even if she contributes as much to the blow-ups (again, don't know that, just trying to be fair and not take everything at face value given he's made accusations as well - one of the big lessons of the Benoit deal was that we don't really know shit about people's personal lives, even when a bit of it becomes public knowledge), I hope the people in a position to do something actually help.

Apologies if this has already been posted. Some further details have come out from the witness that is alleged to have seen the whole thing..

* The woman claims that the two were arguing, with Paige screaming that Del Rio had been “doing coke for two-days straight” and called him “abusive.”

* While Paige claimed that she and Patron called the police on the woman after she threw a drink on him, the witness claims that “none of that happened,” adding that Paige screamed, “You’re so abusive to me” to Patron during their argumen* At one point, Patron said, “Check her bag, she’s got all the coke in it, it’s all hers,” the witness claims.

* The witness admits to discreetly attempting to take pictures of Paige as she walked and talked on the phone until she was noticed. Paige walked back into the restaurant and then came back out, arguing with a “soaked Patron.” The witness continued, adding that Paige started to yell at Patron, stating “He was soaked and she was saying, ‘You’re such an abusive husband, I hate you. You’ve ruined my life, you’ve ruined my career.’”

* In regards to what may have started the argument, the witness stated that Patron said inflammatory comments about one of Paige’s family members, adding “From what I gather, he said something like, ‘I hope your f***ing uncle dies tomorrow, and grabs her wrist because he was mad she was on the phone for so long. They wanted to leave, so he got mad and grabbed her wrist. She got upset and threw water on him and she ran out.”

* Paige’s Uncle Stanley is currently hospitalized…

http://411mania.com/wrestling/witness-to-recent-paigeel-patron-public-altercation-speaks-out/

8 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Aside from the all-round horribleness of the situation, classic wrestling fan behaviour to say "I'm a huge fan, by the way" in the midst of all that.

Without knowing who the person was, I'd like to think it was somebody in a position of trying to diffuse the situation attempting to distract him. Then again, not sure benefit of the doubt is required here.

33 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Without knowing who the person was, I'd like to think it was somebody in a position of trying to diffuse the situation attempting to distract him. Then again, not sure benefit of the doubt is required here.

Yeah, my thought was that he was scared confronting him and said that to defuse it whilst trying to stop it.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Yeah, my thought was that he was scared confronting him and said that to defuse it whilst trying to stop it.

Yeah, probably that. Although he wasn't too scared to record the audio & send it to TMZ for $200.