UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I enjoyed the show a lot. I think setting helped, I found a sports bar in Siem Reap to watch it. Big debate about Punk just walking into the UFC but everyone figured he'd lose pretty badly. I enjoyed the hype tho. Also liked Browne/Werdum and the main event. Fun enough Sunday morning.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the fight. Pretty one sided but Punk showed some bottle and ate some good shots. His post fight interview was perfect. Can't believe he's going to fight against but that's probably a bit of disappointment because I'd rather he was back in WWE.

Gall is a great find for UFC. Young, great looking, smart to the business, confident talker and now has great exposure. He needs to be on main cards going forward. You keep telling people he's a star and he's gonna be one.

Much respect for Punk forgetting in there especially after it being such a longtime coming. Having said that, the fight go exactly as many predicted. I don't think it it was a case of whether or not Gall would win but more how long it would take for him to do so.

If Punk fights again, which he indicated he would do, fuck knows who it will be against.

He seemed to get a good reception once his music hit which I wasn't expecting. I was fully prepared for him to get booed out of the building in a "fuck that fake wrestler" kind of way.

The first round of Werdum/Browne was enjoyable, with Werdum hitting that Liu Kang kick right off the bat and taking a free punch at Browne, which he was totally allowed to do so if the ref hasn't stopped the clock. Speaking of the ref, you could have it him right in you rocket he was that tiny. Proper case of Little Bloke Syndrome.

Any idea what was said at the to make Werdum kick the coach in the ribs?

And Overeem claiming he felt Miocic tap? Course you did mate, now if you can just point out exactly when it happened...oh wait

Punks got bottle, and yes he took good shots (he didn't have much choice) but Jesus if his jiu jitsu wasn't dog rough. That's meant to be his fucking base (alongside his kempo, obviously), and he looked lost.

I think it's probably for the good of the sport that he didn't bowl up at 38 and win, but it's a shame because I'd grew to like the big lug.

Bet Larrys gutted.

Fair play to Punk. Says a lot that he was able to a large degree make you think that what was surely an inevitable result was debatable. Class post fight conference as well! - if he does fight again Dana needs to put him in with someone with no ground game (kinda wonder why he didn't do that here) and very limited.

As for the rest, damn can Overeem pull defeat from victory. Its sad but I think arguably one of the top MMA heavies ever is going to go his whole career without a UFC title.

Would like to see Miocic rematch JDS now.

• Paid Members

Who the fuck do you even Punk in with in any promotion? I think old duffers like Ken Shamrock would still kill him. Dada 4000 would beat him if he can avoid dying on the way to the ring.

Maybe he can get booked in Japan and go up against a returning Giant Silva? Punk vs. Akebono maybe?

Hi Gus

It'd have to be someone with barely a pulse (no offence to punk) to be honest. He signed an 8 fight deal. No chance in my opinion he makes that.

Now his UFC debut is out the way his market value and place on card dips if he loses again. Can't imagine he'd be happy to get toasted on some non televised UFC show in shitsville USA however people aren't going to tune in and pay to watch him get tooled every match.

Problem is I can't think of any known MMA fighter even with a shocking record that he wouldn't lose to!

Not Punks fault may I add he's just jumped very late into a high profile industry!

Archived