UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know there's an MMA Betting thread, but figured this will have more eyes on it.

Paddypower are offering Evens for a Micky Gall submission victory, which could be the easiest chance all year you'll have to double your money

As an MMA expert, people often come to me with silly questions, and I find it difficult to tactfully dumb down my knowledge to a level that they will understand.

So for those simpletons asking me whether referee stoppage in a choke would count as a submission, how would you advise diplomatically phrasing such an obvious answer?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Holy f**k! Didn't expect him to look that bad! Looks like he should be in Transpotting!

Eh?

I totally bought into all the 'bad weight cut' talk he had with Ariel the other day. All the stuff about not doing a practice weigh cut, he really sold it... sucked me right in. Worker til the end.

Lets go, Champ!

Wish I looked as shite as he does there.

Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking reading some of the madness in here. Ripped, lean, muscular and with a tiny body-fat percentage. I'd kill to look like that for a bit. He's in better, more athletic shape than I've ever seen him.

I can't wait for this...

30 years as a wrestling fan and 10+ as a proper MMA fan (though I was renting out UFC II from "Video Plus" in about 1998), this is going to be a real edge-of-the-seat moment. Good fucking luck to the bloke. I'm sure Triple H, Steph and a fair few others from his old job want to see him sparked out or choked half to death, but I bet Vince (whether he'd admit it or not) wants Sports-Entertainment Phil to knock fuck out of those "overpaid UCF pussies".

I'm hoping for a lucky spinning back elbow knock out for a Punk victory (though I'm counting on a Gall win, probably pretty quick).

• Paid Members

Punk has really turned down the humble and started talking like he belongs the last few days. He came off like the grizzled vet in that staredown. Bossed it.

... I still can't believe this is happening. Fucking hell.

Archived