UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Renzo Gracie is predicting a CM Punk win via guillotine;

“I love the guy. I love CM Punk. He’s a great guy, and he’s a very tough guy,” Gracie told SiriusXM Rush. “He trained for a long time with my cousins in Los Angeles, and now he’s training with Duke Roufus. For sure he will represent well this sport. I can’t wait to see his debut.”

“He’s going to be against a tough guy, but I think he has a big chance to win,” he said. “(I think he wins) with a guillotine. I believe, second round.”

I hope so! I've got £50 on Punk to win, then another fiver to win by submission, tenner to win by submission in the second round and another tenner to win by submission in the third.

I've Gotta back my guy. Plus the odds are really good

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm blown away by Punk's claim that he didn't do a practice weight cut. That seems extremely stupid, if true.

I can see why he didn't do one to be honest.

Punk was overweight when he first started this and more than likely only reached his fighting weight by this camp.

There would be no point in a practice weight cut if you're not at the weight you would be cutting from and there's no chance during camp you would put your body through a tough weight cut that would hamper preparations.

It's just circumstances really as other pros would have the little leagues to get their cuts down whilst also having time on their side to possibly do a practice cut.

Personally think its a silly move.

if he has no prior weightloss experience and doesn't know how he will feel/or effect him he could end up feeling like a corpse, drained and with zero energy!

That's the last thing he needs here!

Still it adds another interest factor to a fight that if it wasn't Punk in the role there would be zero interest in.

Heard someone suggested on twitter that Mickey Gall should come out to Vince's "No Chance In Hell." That would have amused me, I must say.

That would be brilliant.

• Paid Members

Renzo Gracie is predicting a CM Punk win via guillotine;

“I love the guy. I love CM Punk. He’s a great guy, and he’s a very tough guy,” Gracie told SiriusXM Rush. “He trained for a long time with my cousins in Los Angeles, and now he’s training with Duke Roufus. For sure he will represent well this sport. I can’t wait to see his debut.”

“He’s going to be against a tough guy, but I think he has a big chance to win,” he said. “(I think he wins) with a guillotine. I believe, second round.”

I hope so! I've got £50 on Punk to win, then another fiver to win by submission, tenner to win by submission in the second round and another tenner to win by submission in the third.

I've Gotta back my guy. Plus the odds are really good

My mate who works for William Hill online has said they is a lot off money coming in on Punk by sub, apparently when there is a big volume off bets coming in against expectations its as a result of "insider" into but all his seniors seem happy its just wrestling fans backing there guy.

Archived