UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ep 1 of embedded. Punk actually looks in good condition going into this.

Edit:- It's actually a really good episode. Embedded has been dog shit lately but that was really good. Punk's house is superb. The guy's gym is fantastic and then having a Sauna built in too. 

• Paid Members

I just remembered that Werdum is fighting Browne on this, which nobody is really talking about. Can't wait to see what happens in that one. Werdum was on such incredible run of wins before he decided to run into Stipe's fist. At 39, he can't afford to lose this one. You imagine he's top pick for getting the winner of the Velasquez v Overeem/Miocic, should he crush Browne.

• Paid Members

i genuinely forgot about that one too, when i watched Fight Night and they mentioned it as co-main event i thought they'd made a mistake. Tough fight to call considering the fights both are coming off.

• Paid Members

I just remembered that Werdum is fighting Browne on this, which nobody is really talking about. Can't wait to see what happens in that one. Werdum was on such incredible run of wins before he decided to run into Stipe's fist. At 39, he can't afford to lose this one. You imagine he's top pick for getting the winner of the Velasquez v Overeem/Miocic, should he crush Browne.

I think the problem with the Werdum/Browne fight is that their last fight was a one sided piss take on Werdum's part. He schooled Browne and made him look like a clown.

That said, if Werdum continues pulling that shit face he does, I won't be upset seeing him KO'd. 

• Paid Members

I'd say that's spot on. Werdum has always been proper laid back and that seems to spill over into his fights at times. There's been fights where he just seems to have rolled in off a beach in Rio and can't really be fucked. The Arlovski fight in 2007 he was awful. The second Overeem fight in Strikeforce as well, where he just kept flopping to the mat hoping Overeem would jump into his guard. Even fights he won like the Hunt fight, people forget but he looked shite in the first round of that one. Obviously, his opponents had their part to play as well, but Werdum himself just looked like he wasn't at the races for spells in these fights. And, of course, the Miocic fight. Werdum is an intelligent and technical fighter, it was baffling to see him run at Miocic recklessly the way he did. It was like he'd been watching Rousey vs Holm all day and wanted to see if he could actually make Rousey's bullrush strategy work.

I hope Werdum wins. I've never liked Travis Browne and there's some interesting fights to be made with Werdum in the title picture. Miocic 2, Overeem 3, Cain 2, JDS 2. Yeah, they're all rematches but they're all fights I want to see.

So, Mickey Gall came across like an utter cunt in the latest and final ep. The smug prick and his team pissing about in the gym was terrible.

Complete cockwomble.

It isn't going to happen, but I actually think I'd do a dance if Punk won.

The main issue with the documentary has been that it's made me actually quite like Punk and not want to see him get beheaded. Which is almost certainly going to happen.

His opponent looks like the sort of lad they've been feeding to Braun Strowman.

And, whilst Punk did move a little better, the finish was squiffy as I've ever seen.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/uproxx.com/prowrestling/ufc-cm-punk-documentary-series-final-episode-4/amp/?client=safari

The videos embedded in that page Ian, near the end of the article.

He was always in a Rocky'esque way going to finally come good and win one in the last episode to set the fight up. If he hadn't what's the point in tuning in as if he can't win a smoker! Also adds a nice 'I'm ready' to the ending!

That ending though was about as unscripted as Rocky2! Seriously Vince's stuff is more real!

They've done a good job of endearing him to people though I'll give them that.

• Paid Members

I've just watched the episode and to be honest, apart from a slightly suspect sweep, I didn't get the impression it was scripted.

I have to say I admire the balls of Punk, he's got complete belief in what he's doing and the guy is showing absolutely no fear. He may even get through the first round on toughness and determination alone. 

If he gets out of round 1, I would even consider that a success for him. Personally, there's no pressure on him whatsoever. He's got nothing to lose, and for me, it's Gall who has all the pressure on him. Imagine if he gets beat? I don't think he'd be able to live it down.

I've got to admit, once Cult of Personality kicked in at the end of that episode, I can't deny that pumped me up for the fight. 

Job done in my book. 

• Paid Members

I can see the Punk fight going the same way as the fight between Gall and Mike Jackson. Dropped and tapped within a few minutes.

Very much so. If Punk makes a few rounds without getting butchered, then that's just as remarkable as Bisping becoming champ. Gall is hardly anything special, mind, but he should be ending this early doors.

It's sad people will just take a dump on him after the inevitable, because it's commendable how he's went about this. Much respect for people brave (and somewhat foolish) enough to try something like bloody cage fighting at 37. I agree with dAz that I really want to see Punk do well because Gall seems like a proper knob.

If Punk wins I'm done predicting this sport. Nothing will make sense anymore.

Archived