UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CM Punk is apparently weighing 203 currently, meaning he has to drop 33 pounds by weigh-in time.

Best of British to him..

If (and it's a massive 'if') that's true then this fight isn't going ahead. And CM Punk has managed to drag an extra few months out of this.

• Paid Members

It's got to be a joke, surely? He's got enough shit against him in this fight without making things worse by adding a horrible weight cut to the mix. He can't be that stupid.

If he's joking though, it's a shit joke. Right knee slapper, that one. The old 'pretending I weigh more than I actually do' howler.

• Paid Members

Remember when Nate Diaz went on a rant against the UFC signing CM Punk? Apparently Nate and Punk bumped into each other at UFC 200 and Nate apologised.

Punk quote;

“UFC 200 I was doing an autograph signing and the guy I was signing the autograph for started like pointing behind me and I heard someone like yelling my name and I turned around and I was on a riser and Nate Diaz was on the ground and he was like ‘hey man come here’,” Punk explained when speaking to FOX Sports recently. “I was like ‘what’s up?’ and he was the nicest (expletive) guy.

“I don’t know if he’ll get mad and this will ruin the image of Nate Diaz, but he was like ‘hey man, I talked some (expletive) before and I don’t know you and I’m sorry’ and he’s like, ‘Gilbert (Melendez) and Ronda (Rousey) said that you’re a cool dude and they love you’ and I started looking around for the cameras. I was like all right. I thought that was super, super cool of him. Super nice guy.”

I noticed on Twitter after the third episode of the Punk documentary aired, a lot of people asking the betting sites for odds on Gall winning by first round submission.

I'm really enjoying the documentary, his realistic attitude and approach to everything makes him come across very likeable.

AJ's constant giggling in response to everything Punk says is annoying though. He ain't that funny!

I noticed on Twitter after the third episode of the Punk documentary aired, a lot of people asking the betting sites for odds on Gall winning by first round submission.

I'm tellin' ya...

• Paid Members

I keep swaying back and forth on the main event. On paper, the Reem should destroy Miocic. He's just far better in nearly every facet bar probably the wrestling and perhaps quickness.

However, you always worry about Overeem's chin.  Miocic obviously has good boxing and whilst he doesn't have the heaviest hands, he still has KO power. He's very accurate with his boxing too. 

Overeem's undoing maybe that he may give Miocic an opening early on.

That said, I'm still picking Overeem as if he avoids the damage and moves like he has been doing in his past few fights, he should KO Miocic by either standing or finishing him off on the floor. 

Whilst this may come back to haunt me, I can't see how this ends in a decision. Someone is getting KO'd.

I'm tellin' ya...

I tend to use Paddypower for my betting and they've got Gall at 3/1on for the win and the fight to go less than 1.5 rounds is 5/2on. They're not even offering odds on method of victory, unless they add it prior to the weekend

Archived