UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem / CM Punk's debut

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Renzo Gracie is predicting a CM Punk win via guillotine;

“I love the guy. I love CM Punk. He’s a great guy, and he’s a very tough guy,” Gracie told SiriusXM Rush. “He trained for a long time with my cousins in Los Angeles, and now he’s training with Duke Roufus. For sure he will represent well this sport. I can’t wait to see his debut.”

“He’s going to be against a tough guy, but I think he has a big chance to win,” he said. “(I think he wins) with a guillotine. I believe, second round.”

Predicting the winner of a heavyweight title fight is silly, in truth. In a sport known for it's unpredictability, the 2016 heavyweight division is the most volatile. The answer is who knows, but because, I'll choose Overeem because.

CM Punk less so.

Spot on. 

Amazingly, the odds for a Punk victory are quite short - http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/cm-punk-v-mickey-gall/winner

• Paid Members

Renzo Gracie is predicting a CM Punk win via guillotine;

“I love the guy. I love CM Punk. He’s a great guy, and he’s a very tough guy,” Gracie told SiriusXM Rush. “He trained for a long time with my cousins in Los Angeles, and now he’s training with Duke Roufus. For sure he will represent well this sport. I can’t wait to see his debut.”

“He’s going to be against a tough guy, but I think he has a big chance to win,” he said. “(I think he wins) with a guillotine. I believe, second round.”

What Renzo says there is interesting. Everyone is saying Punk started from scratch but i wonder just how good his jiu jitsu chops were before he started with Roufus. I think there's a chance that he's downplayed how much experience he has in that area.

Say what u want but this is a UFC masterstroke!

A guy 0-0-0 from a different industry and the interest generated is HUGE. UFC will make alot of dosh from this regardless of the result. Very clever and win/win

As for main event! I gotta go with Overeem!

Massive experience, multi organisation titleist, has faced a who's who of MMA and on a great run!

Wouldn't surprise me if he turns up looking like Hulk and then fails post fight drug test!

• Paid Members

He was a recreational white belt, wasn't he?

Exactly - and how much time did he have off from WWE to go to classes? Fuck all.

And Renzo is a bit of a moron anyway. Talks a lot of shit. I see Punk getting tapped or KO'd in 1st round - easy. If he last 3 rounds I'll be shocked.

Say what u want but this is a UFC masterstroke!

A guy 0-0-0 from a different industry and the interest generated is HUGE. UFC will make alot of dosh from this regardless of the result. Very clever and win/win

As for main event! I gotta go with Overeem!

Massive experience, multi organisation titleist, has faced a who's who of MMA and on a great run!

Wouldn't surprise me if he turns up looking like Hulk and then fails post fight drug test!

Do you have to type everything with exclamation marks?! Like I agree with you but it's quite grating to read!

At least on the Punk stuff! I think Overeem is clean these days!

soz Shane

I've always liked Overeem and would like to see him add the UFC title.

Guys beat:

Arlovski

JDS

Nelson

Mir

Lesnar

Werdum

Hunt

Belfort

And fought a string of others. Heluva record there.

Clean, gotta be honest not so sure, but hey I'm not in the lab.

If he wins an Overeem vs Velasquez would be something.

Would have loved to see Seem vs Fedor

Obviously a big JoJo fan. Love that she is getting a PPV main card spot.

Slightly worried about her in this fight with Andrade though. JoJo does get hit a lot and has proven she can take some shots but Andrade has brought her power down from 135 with her (going off her fight with Penne). Could be a tough night for her.

Hopefully another full camp at Tristar sees Calderwood improve yet again. Would really love to see her make a run for the title. Was so close to getting a shot at the Invicta belt before TUF 20. But seems to have fallen away since then. 

• Paid Members

soz Shane

I've always liked Overeem and would like to see him add the UFC title.

Guys beat:

Arlovski

JDS

Nelson

Mir

Lesnar

Werdum

Hunt

Belfort

And fought a string of others. Heluva record there.

Clean, gotta be honest not so sure, but hey I'm not in the lab.

If he wins an Overeem vs Velasquez would be something.

Would have loved to see Seem vs Fedor

If it wasn't for losing several fights he should have won, Overeem could a very serious shout for best heavyweight ever. I think the losses prevent that though. He'll definifely be the most decorated though if he wins Saturday.

• Paid Members

Personally, if he wins on saturday, I would definitely be comfortable saying Overeem is the best heavyweight ever.

I think if Cain recaptures the title, he will have a shout at that title as well.

My top 3 in no particular order are Overeem, Fedor and Cain. I would then place your Werdum's etc after them.

As Egg says, Overeem's list of accomplishments are incredible. No one comes close.

Archived